Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't boot with BT3 on laptop

Just burned his ISO

Default Can't boot with BT3 on laptop

I've gota a Compaq pressario c60 running Windows Vista and BT3 final doesn't boot on it (or any other live cd) although it works fine on my desktop. I followed every step described on this forum burning the iso.

It returns this error:
    "mkdir failed: no such file or directory
    startkde: Call to Inusertemp (temprary directories full?). Check your instalation."

My laptop has a recovery partiton with Hp proprietary software, is it possible that's because of it i can't run any live cd (I can't get any Backtrack, Ophcrack or Winternals ERD Commader version to run on it)?

Any help would be greatly apreciated

I would try to burn another one...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluezodiac View Post

My laptop has a recovery partiton with Hp proprietary software, is it possible that's because of it i can't run any live cd (I can't get any Backtrack, Ophcrack or Winternals ERD Commader version to run on it)?
    No I don't think so because I have a hp laptop that runs bt3 and 4 just fine from a live cd/dvd as well as usb.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

What other LiveCDs have you tried?

Did you try the "KDE Vesa" option on the BT boot method screen?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Wrong post, sorry

Just burned his ISO

First of all thanks.

I know the problem isn't with the cd, not only because it runs fine in my desktop (and other laptops) but also because i've tried several versions of BT (beta 3, 3 final and 4 beta), Ophcrack and Winternals ERD Commander.

Best regards

Just burned his ISO

I'm sorry I didn't quite explain myself. The error I was talking about in my original post:

"mkdir failed: no such file or directory
    startkde: Call to Inusertemp (temprary directories full?). Check your instalation."

Was returned after trying KDE Vesa, because before I just got black screen after loading.
    I've already tried BT versions 3 beta, 3 final and 4 beta; SLAX; Ophcrack 3 for Vista and Winternals ERD Commander 2005. All of them worked as a charm on my desktop (and some i've even tried on other laptops).
    Thanks again for your help

Just burned his ISO

Hey guys whats up,
    I am new to this and I was wondering if you could help me with this issue I am having.
    I made a bootable cd for BT 3 and it works fine on my xp desktop.
    But when i put the cd into my vista 64bit HP Pavilion tx2500z and boot up BT 2; the whole script and all comes up, but before the desktop comes up my laptop shuts down every time.

Can someone please help me find a solution for this.

Thank you,

erase vista ... it should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by bluerratiq View Post
    erase vista ... it should do the trick
    Id recommend doing that regardless of any problems being experienced with BackTrack
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast