Thread: apt-get update Cinelerra-vc

Default apt-get update Cinelerra-vc

im trying to install cinelerra. i did a apt-get update but it did not retrieve any data for cinelerra... im new to apt-get but it looks simple enough...

is there a list that apt reads from when doing a update? how can i find the site repository for cinelerra and then add this to the update list?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    im trying to install cinelerra. i did a apt-get update but it did not retrieve any data for cinelerra... im new to apt-get but it looks simple enough...

is there a list that apt reads from when doing a update? how can i find the site repository for cinelerra and then add this to the update list?
    apt-get update updates the list of packages available on the repos
    apt-get upgrade upgrades the packages already installed on the distro.
    thats about as much spoon feeding as your gonna get out of me. i suggest looking up "how to use apt" in google.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Good friend of the forums

I just did that yesterday. Followed the Gutsy installation instructions from their website. Just don't do it - I know you've heard of this amazing program, but it's just not ready for mainstream. Too bad for day-to-day use, too many buts, it hanged on my too many times, and just for the sake of recording your desktop - to use THIS BIG program, ... I mean, like killing a mosquito with a nuke. There are many other, smaller, better progs that work just fine. recordmydesktop being one of them, with it's frontends.

I use recordmydesktop... it was the one and only tool i ever installed on backtrack stress free with know errors...

the only problem i have with rcordmydesktop is, when i use compiz fusion effects, the frames recorded flicker. this looks sloppy...