Thread: Wichi is a good anntena for alfa awus036h?

Just burned his ISO

Default Wichi is a good anntena for alfa awus036h?

I have an alfa awus036h and the anntena is 2dbi, i want a more dbi antenna. I see that 9dbi is good enought. My alfa only have one usb port.

Were is the best antenna for this usb device? i use it with a ntebook and i want to be portable the new antenna like the 2dbi but more larger. I see in ebay 9dbi antennas about only 5 $!!! i dont belive that this antennas are good.. thanksss

Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Just burned his ISO

I prefer an a 9dbi more smaller.

The 9dbi at datalliance is the same that the others in ebay?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by betita_elfica View Post
    I have an alfa awus036h and the anntena is 2dbi, i want a more dbi antenna. I see that 9dbi is good enought. My alfa only have one usb port.
    I recently got the infamous alfa card with my friend. Great card! My unit also came with the single plug usb cable.

Were is the best antenna for this usb device? i use it with a ntebook and i want to be portable the new antenna like the 2dbi but more larger. I see in ebay 9dbi antennas about only 5 $!!! i dont belive that this antennas are good.. thanksss
    I'd stick with the stock antenna for now. If you plan to use it in a car, you might consider and large omni antenna or a panel antenna. Yagi for directional wifi sniper action might be nice too More dbi = more size usually.

Just burned his ISO

But where to buy one?? 9dbi Datalliance ebay or sheaper ebayers? where you buy it?

I recently got a 12dbi yagi antenna next to a 8dbi omnidirectional for my Alfa. The first test show that omni one displays more access points than the yagi and the signals are about the same for both (provided that the yagi is pointed to the right direction). This was merely a quick airodump-ng test outside my house, but I'll perform a couple more extensive tests in the future. My next antenna on the "to-buy" list is a 19dbi or a 24dbi parabolic grid.

betita_elfica: It usually pays off, if you do some extensive searching, and compare the prices you find. I normally go through multiple search engines, including a local one for my country to compare the results. I found a local online shop where I bought my 8dbi with 40% off.

EDIT: Okay, the yagi I mentioned is definitely better... shows -35 compared to -42 for my 8dbi omni.
    I have the card in me head, but you have the memory problems?

I've worked in the commercial wireless sector so I've had the chance to try some antennas that might be cost prohibitive to most.

My best all round omni antenna is an Inscape OA09. I also tried the OA12 but the extra length of the antenna canceled out whatever additional "gain" it might produce.
    http://www.inscapedata.com/antenna-oa.htm
    For directional use(patch) I've had good luck with a Huber-Suhner 2400/76/8/0/V. This antenna is small enough to not stick out but does exceptional duty. Works well behind a poster, taped to a window. I usually cable tie the omni to a lamp or chair back. It works best installed on a gable but that might not be what you are looking for. :-)

You'll need rp-sma to N pigtails/adapters to use either of these. For a gable mount, some LMR-400 will come in handy, too.

Unfortunately, all the yagi type antennas I've used at work have been for 900 mhz radios, so no feed back on these. I can tell you to stay away from store bought Cantennas, although I've seen some home-made versions that do wonderful things.

For antennas, cards, Ap's and stuff, I've bought a lot from www.wlanparts.com
    over the years. They've never done me wrong and have always stood behind their products.

Just burned his ISO

I want one cheaper, i look this:

http://cgi.ebay.es/Antenna-9dbi-OMNI...713.m153.l1262

Is the same that this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WIFI-9dBi-2-4GHz...3%3A1|294%3A50

Becaus the second is more cheaper that data alliance.

Perhpas data alliance is best material that the others (one it cost 18$ and the other 7$ :s)

Good friend of the forums

use the default one, not much more you can get with other antennas (except if you use a cantenna, a whole different story). Get yourself (do yourself) a cantenna, and use the default one the rest of the time. That would do it.