Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WPA2 Cracking (can it be cracked?/how?)

In regards to
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Good points Oktet. Given time, computing power, and disk space, any WPA/WPA2 "personal" (i.e. passphrase) key can be broken. 802.1x ("enterprise") may be a different story. But, when dealing with a private entity (home, personal, non-business) IMHO, all you really need to worry about is "am I faster than the other guy running from the bear?"
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Passwords are like underwear. They should never be shared, and changed often.
    Frequently changing passwords is a security practice I seldom see mentioned here or elsewhere and even more rarely implemented. However, it is one of the easiest ways for a security conscious entity to prevent attack by determined and well equipped attackers. Even if your adversary had supercomputer level hardware to utilize, a simple passphrase change on a monthly or bimonthly basis would stop them dead in their tracks. Unfortunately, this practice is generally ignored or given low priority because it poses too much hassle for the common user.
    ~Monovitae~

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monovitae View Post
    Frequently changing passwords is a security practice I seldom see mentioned here or elsewhere and even more rarely implemented. However, it is one of the easiest ways for a security conscious entity to prevent attack by determined and well equipped attackers. Even if your adversary had supercomputer level hardware to utilize, a simple passphrase change on a monthly or bimonthly basis would stop them dead in their tracks. Unfortunately, this practice is generally ignored or given low priority because it poses too much hassle for the common user.
    The very thing has been mentioned but generally the crowd that hangs out here knows this. As for changing passwords or the lack thereof, that is what password compliance policies are for.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123