Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who uses the RTL8187SE read this.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Anyone who uses the RTL8187SE read this.

After much reading on the internet and finding NOTHING I have decided to make this tutorial to get the RTL8187SE working and also how to get packet injection to work. THIS IS NOT A TUTORIAL ABOUT CRACKING WEP. Simply how to get the card to work.

Things you will need:
    1. msi-wind-linux. googlecode. com/ files/ rtl8187se_linux-04. tar. bz2 - The driver source.
    2. Backtrack 4 beta (but I assume you already have it. Also I have not tested this method on Backtrack 3 Final.)

STEP 1. Download this Source for compiling.

Step 2. Extract the files into /root/ folder. open up Terminal and type:

Code:
    cd /root/rtl8187se_coffee
    ./makedrv
    STEP 3. This will compile your driver. Then type:

Code:
    ./wlan0up
    This will load your driver and start the device. Next is the dumb part.

STEP 4. Type:
    Code:
    airodump-ng wlan0
    It will not work but that is ok. The reason being that the driver source is very basic but we can trick it into thinking that it HAS monitor support (cause it does :P )

STEP 5. Open up a new window/tab in your Terminal and type:

Code:
    iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
    iwconfig wlan0 essid HackingTheMatrix
    If all goes well than this will trick airodump into resetting the card into Monitor mode on the fly and will let you do WHATEVER you are going to do with it :P

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for this information.
    Would this work with the default module/driver included in new kernels ? (such as with the Ubuntu 9.04 which does not need an external module)
    Or is there something with the rtl8187se_coffee driver you've recommended ?

Just burned his ISO

prolly but I don't think that is would work with ubuntu alone considering backtrack uses other stuff in it's distro for packet injection.

this driver works on my ubuntu for its purpose... as just a wifi card

hope this answers your question :/

Just burned his ISO

when i use "iwconfig wlan0 essid secretcodes" it says error for wireless request "set essid" ... operation not permitted. and then i use "iwconfig wlan0 mode managed" and that seems to work and adds one ap to the airodump list, if i run it again it adds another one. Does rtl8187se support packetinjection yet? I wish their were complete drivers for this card.

Just burned his ISO

sounds cool but I have a problem... I am new to Linux
    I put BT3 on my SD Card for my Asus EeePC and it runs fast... really fast
    but when I do iwcconfig there is no wireless hardware... I need to install the driver to my SDCard... can someone explain me how to do that?

Just burned his ISO

Well I am not sure what exactly you are asking but I figure you are talking about the same card.

All you have to do is copy that file over to your sd card (with windows) then navigate to your /mnt/ directory and find out where your sdcard is mounted there should be a couple of folders in there saying like sda1 and such.

once you have located it then try doing to tutorial then

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gamicalg View Post
    when i use "iwconfig wlan0 essid secretcodes" it says error for wireless request "set essid" ... operation not permitted. and then i use "iwconfig wlan0 mode managed" and that seems to work and adds one ap to the airodump list, if i run it again it adds another one. Does rtl8187se support packetinjection yet? I wish their were complete drivers for this card.
    It actually does support paket injection. you can test it out by doing a aireplay-ng -9 (I think)

and the error is part of it that is one of the steps to trick linux into using real Monitoring Mode.

And yes the drivers are VERY basic but the card is somewhat generic it DOES work for packet injection and I have used it on several occasions

Just burned his ISO

Thank u very much for your help. I have tested your method on bt3 final. it worked very well,including injection. i cracked an AP in 3 or 4 minutes with spoonwep. i had found 3 different drivers of rtl8187se before yours,and none of them worked.yours is very successful. i am very admire of u.
    And very sorry that my English is not very well. hope i have expressed my self clearly

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by kuarff View Post
    Thank u very much for your help. I have tested your method on bt3 final. it worked very well,including injection. i cracked an AP in 3 or 4 minutes with spoonwep. i had found 3 different drivers of rtl8187se before yours,and none of them worked.yours is very successful. i am very admire of u.
    And very sorry that my English is not very well. hope i have expressed my self clearly
    Your English is very good and if people say "learn how to speak English", than they are just hypocritical idiots cause they should try to learn an other language

And thank you very much for this comment

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy no injection...

I got everything up and running correctly except for injection.

When I use airodump-ng and try to connect to an ssid in another terminal window it does trick my card into monitor mode and I can then see all the SSIDs in the area.

When I "aireplay-ng -9 wlan0" to check injection it gives me 0%...

Am I doing something wrong? Help is much appreciated.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by t0406peru View Post
    I got everything up and running correctly except for injection.

When I use airodump-ng and try to connect to an ssid in another terminal window it does trick my card into monitor mode and I can then see all the SSIDs in the area.

When I "aireplay-ng -9 wlan0" to check injection it gives me 0%...

Am I doing something wrong? Help is much appreciated.
    No, you are not doing anything wrong. Packet injection does not work with all wireless routers. Search for other tutorials to get your packet injection working under Linux. and also one thing to keep in mind is to get close enough to the router (test it on your own first) it seams to help alot when you are first getting the hang of it.

Packet injection also some times requires you to change your MAC address to that of the person you are trying to emulate. I cannot get it to run sometimes too but as I said I think it is the router.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast