Thread: Conecconnecting to linux from a windows command line

Just burned his ISO

Default Conecconnecting to linux from a windows command line

Hello,

I'm new to Metaexploit and testing a really old exploit. I was wondering how you would connect back to BT from a windows host via the command line.

I was thinking of testing samba, what do you think? Or is there a better tool in BT.

Thanks

Mike

Default Re: Conecconnecting to linux from a windows command line

What purpose do you hope to achieve by "connecting back to BT from a windows host"? Are you trying to copy files to the exploited Windows box? Are you trying to get a shell from the Windows box on your BackTrack system?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

So that I can connected back to BT to copy files. So if I gain command line access to windows box, then how can I copy files back to BT.

Thanks,

Mike

For Windows XP and below, TFTP was a pretty common method, but the tftp command line client is not included by default in Vista and above. Other methods are to copy files by piping over a tcp or udp session using netcat or similar, to "type" out text based files at the command line, or to use the command line FTP client with a text file containing commands. You could also use the exe2bat method to transfer files via the command line shell interface, but its slow and potentially unreliable.

Setting up samba on a Linux system is a possibility I guess, but its a bit of a PIA. If you crack one of the Windows passwords after you gain Metasploit access, or even get the password hashes (pass the hash), you can connect to the Windows file sharing service from your Linux box and transfer files that way (assuming the Windows file share post is open).

If you have any questions about any of this try Googling for a bit before asking (there are plenty of search terms in my post) - you will be able to ask better questions that way.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the explaination. I will do just that, but since I did not know any of these terms, I could not help myself.

I agree that the samba method would be a PIA, I did know this one. As for the rest I will do my research.

But the biggest problem that I face is excatly what you pick out, for windows is it installed on all machines. If not then I need to figure out another way to get files.

Thanks,

Mike

Developer

Actually the tftp client does exist in vista its just not enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Actually the tftp client does exist in vista its just not enabled.
    Yep thats what I meant, it is available, but its not included by default. You need to install it via Add/Remove Programs (or whatever its now called in Vista) from memory?

Given that its not there by default, and that most users probably wont go to the trouble of enabling it its no longer something that you can rely on to be there, as compared with XP and below where you usually could rely on it being there.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

It would be turned on from Control Panel>Programs and Features and then you would select turn features on or off

And yes you are correct, it is not installed by default
    I may have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth but it does not mean I like to be spoon fed.