Thread: BT3 wifi problems

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 wifi problems

Hi all, been searching the forums,google, everywhere alot recently to try and solve my problem, i have the dell inspiron 1545 with a dell wireless 1397 mini WLAN pci-e internal card (broadcom) which BT3 wasnt recognising so i cant use wifi, yada yada yada........anyways i am at the stage where i think i have found the right drivers which i found at broadcoms website

i have downloaded the 32-bit drivers, i would just like some advice on as what specific folder to extract them to on the usb stick (if it can be done this way)

(oh and i am running BT3 from a kingston 1gb usb stick)

thanks for any replies

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skate&destroy View Post
    Hi all, been searching the forums,google, everywhere alot recently to try and solve my problem, i have the dell inspiron 1545 with a dell wireless 1397 mini WLAN pci-e internal card (broadcom) which BT3 wasnt recognising so i cant use wifi, yada yada yada........anyways i am at the stage where i think i have found the right drivers which i found at broadcoms websitei have downloaded the 32-bit drivers, i would just like some advice on as what specific folder to extract them to on the usb stick (if it can be done this way) (oh and i am running BT3 from a kingston 1gb usb stick)
    thanks for any replies
    You can install the drivers by yada yada yada .
    Further more there are several blah blah blah's throughout the internet to tell you how to do it. My suggestion is that first you make sure the driver is one that is compatible with linux and then go from there.
    Now if you can give us some more info on the type of driver file you have maybe we can better help you install it.
    GIGO
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the reply and the links..very helpfull stuff about compiling that i didnt know. I did try to use the link for the driver download that i used in the thread when i originally wrote it but it wouldnt let me post a link or something ??

I downloaded the driver from broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

thanks.

wht is the exact broadcom card that u have? if u dont know type lspci to find out.

edit: also as far as i know that driver does not support injection or monitor mode. if u can tell us the full name of the card u have we can find a better suitable driver.

edit2: i also suggest using backtrack 4 prefinal as im pretty sure those drivers come installed out of the box.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

imported_MadHatter

Why are you posting a question about BT3 in the BT4 General Questions?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
    Why are you posting a question about BT3 in the BT4 General Questions?
    Same reason the op added "yada , yada, blah, blah" into his post.
    He really doesn't want an answer. But someone to spoonfeed him.

But I reported it so that it can be moved.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.