Thread: Map tool?

Just burned his ISO

Default Map tool?

Hello,

A while ago i stumbled across a post that highlighted a "new" tool for maping networks. The tool basically allows you to find a lot of information from pulling whois requests and many more things. It also allows you to find the email of administrators on determined addresses.

Is there anyone that could link me to this tool? as i just can not remember the name.

Thank you

Try this link.

Or just use it as an exercise and write it by yourself. Shouldn't be to hard to rite in any given scripting language.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Wow, if you seriously thought that i have not tried to search the information like that, why would you even bother to post?

Just have a look around the threads here and answer the question yourself
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Wow, if you seriously thought that i have not tried to search the information like that, why would you even bother to post?
    Would you stop complaining about the help and post more specific information, if you can not or will not then we may not be able to help you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I assume you mean Maltego

Start BT4 > startx > get a shell and start maltego &

Watch & listen to their videos on their website - very good
    to successfully configure your maltego tool!

enjoy the fantastic transformations & beyond!

/bl0wf1sh

Good friend of the forums

now every skidie will start using maltego.. I thought this is a bad thing, but on second thought... they will never sneak into the /pentest folder, thus keeping themselves as dumb as before... And I thought the word "enumeration" meant anything to anyone, at least in the GUI menu.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you brtw

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Yes KMDave, how dare you assume that a new member has not done a proper search! You know this just doesn't ever happen!!!!

Seriously cerebus, if you've spent any time reading the posts here, you will know that not searching before posting runs at epidemic levels. I assumed you hadnt searched properly as well when I read your OP.

You have to prove that you've searched if you don't want people to assume otherwise. Try including details of where you have searched and the strings you have searched for, or even show that you have done research on the topic generally by using correct terminology and by mentioning similar tools to the one you are after (so we know which tools you aren't talking about). The data in the initial description you gave could be obtained with a number of different tools, including whois at the command line.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.