Thread: Unable to load BT3 beta

Just burned his ISO

Default Unable to load BT3 beta

Hello guys
    I'm having a bit of a problem loading Backtrack in my laptop and i'm asking for your help.
    I have a compaq pressario cq60 notebook running Vista with a 2.16GHz t3400, 3,00GHz Ram, Nvidia GeForce 9200 GE and (if you can believe this) i'm unable to load any live or boot cd. Backtrack just hangs after loading showing on screen the mouse icon alternating with an X, Ophcrack starts to load and then tells me something like "(..)/udev illegal operation" and just hangs in the next line with "/@"; and Winternal ERD Commander 2005 starts to load and then gives me a blue screen and shuts down.
    All three work just fine on my desktop (quadcore extreme 2,50GHz, 4,00Gb ram, Nvidia Quadro FX 3500).
    Any help or insight would be greatly apreciated. And please i'm a little green at this so don't be too hard.
    Thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Try here for more info.
    When conditions are set then report back.

BTW no one cares if you are " little green at this so don't be too hard"
    If you ask silly questions with no intention of finding the help on your own or are doing something that someone thinks is illegal they will call you on it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Is there a reason you're trying to use 3 Beta when 3 Stable and 4 Beta are out?

For your laptop (be sure to look for similar models) you might find something helpful here:
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....hp/HCL:Laptops
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Default Thanks!

First of all thank you guys for your quick reply.

Like I said in my original post I'm sure it's not any issue described in " BackTrack CD won't boot???" because not only does it work fine in my desktop I've followed all the steps described.

I've checked out the HCL:Laptops list and 'though my laptop isn't listed i saw some similar problems. Downloading BT3 final to see if i can't boot with it, will get back to you either way.

Just burned his ISO

OK i've downloaded BT3 final and as before followed every step burning the iso. Again it works fine on my desktop but not on my laptop. This time it returns another error:
    "mkdir failed: no such file or directory
    startkde: Call to Inusertemp (temprary directories full?). Check your instalation."

My laptop has a recovery partiton with Hp proprietary software, is it possible that's because of it i can't run any live cd (like i said i can't get any Backtrack, Ophcrack or Winternals ERD Commader version to run on it)?

Thanks again for your patiente and your help.