Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT as router?

Default BT as router?

Hallo,
    is it possible to use BT as a router? Its not easy to find a livecd router. I already have an IPCop router but its mainly intended for hdd/compact flash usage and m0n0 is not capable of using WLAN devices as source i think. Something small like Backtrack on x86 base would be great.

Any ideas or alternatives?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

pfSense. I believe they even have a LiveCD as well as a VM.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

dynamips would work. You can even run it in a VM. You will need a copy of a Cisco IOS though.

That sounds interesting. Didn't know about cisco emulators. Cool piece indeed.

I will also test pfSense. Looks like monos big brother. Maybe i should check out mono betas for wlan-stick source capabilities as well. Maybe my stick just wasn't supported in the stable version. Will check that as well...

Should keep me working for some days. Thank you!

I 2nd the vote for pfSense
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

i run a couple pfsense boxes on my home network and really like it as well.

ding fries are done!!!!

Mono and pfSense don't support USB-Sticks as source. Only Static, DHCP, PPTP and PPP are supported.

What about Dynamips? Anyone know for sure its working with it? Any suggestions about suitable IOS?

What about Dynamips? Anyone know for sure its working with it? Any suggestions about suitable IOS?
    dynamips won't work by itself as on O/S. It's an application. It will work from within a linux or windows environment (as I mentioned earlier, I run mine from within a Windows VM image). As for suitable IOS, depends on what you are looking to do. I've used 12.X series IOS for 2600 series routers (although these are a bit dated, they work for my requirements).

You run it in a windows vm on a linux host?

I don't think the cisco routers will handle wlan sticks directly with all the drivers and wlan encryption options. The only chance i probably have is that i can configure wlan0 with all options and pass/map that preconfigured interface to the router. Its maybe even possible in BT4.

I need 'wlan0 IN' and 'eth0 OUT'.

It's an application. You can run it anyway you want. There are linux and windows versions. Go look at their website to learn more about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast