Thread: BackTrack menu "disappeared"

Hybrid View

Default BackTrack menu "disappeared"

I did a little messing around on my BT4 persisten USB install today and after a while I noticed that the Backtrack folder from the KDE menu had been reduced to only two folders: Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification..

I really dont know what happened to the others or when they disappeared but I do have a sneakin suspicion that it either occured after i did a apt-get update & apt-get upgrade or after installing compiz&emerald.

I tried booting in to the bt4-crystal UI and the Backtrack menu was complete there so I'm guessing there is a way to fix this

There is a (or at least was a) known issue about problems when doing an apt-get upgrade. The big fix is to "don't do an apt-get upgrade yet".

Muts posted a fix on the blog a while back. HERE it is, hope it helps you out.

Worst case scenario, since you are doing a USB persistent change setup, you can rm -rf * everything in your /changes directory and start over clean.

Good Luck...

wow, I have even visited that page just a little while ago but somehow managed to completely miss any of the info regarding the KDE bug and the fix ... i guess its a bot too late for me..

well, the fix worked so i\m happy thanks a lot cybrsnpr