Thread: The client & AP with the same Mac address ?

Just burned his ISO

Default The client & AP with the same Mac address ?

hello

Guys is there a way to make a client with mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 connect to AP with the same mac address I try it but it's not connected ?why

if it possible ?how?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by lnuxxunl View Post
    hello

Guys is there a way to make a client with mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 connect to AP with the same mac address I try it but it's not connected ?why

if it possible ?how?
    You may want to read up on Ethernet basics. Two devices with the same mac address on the same network is never a good thing. Of course they won't connect.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

two devices with the same mac address on the same network.. Course this will work

Just burned his ISO

Ok guys

don't think i'm idiot to this level i know that 2 macs can not connect but i'm asking if there is away to make that happen if not!!

that's my situation i'm in wlan where the ap with pppoe server builtin software

my idea is to install a pppoe server on my box so i can reply to any pppoe authentication request i can do it by broadcasting an eviltwin ap like the real one and it worked but i want to do this without broadcasting an eviltwin attack

so the probelm is my wireless card doesn't pick up any packet not addressed to it so how to make it accept any packet even if it not addressed to it

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by lnuxxunl View Post
    Guys is there a way to make a client with mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 connect to AP with the same mac address I try it but it's not connected ?
    I though it would be possible at some point, but then the wise members explained to me why it wouldn't be possible... Follow the link to my thread:
    Undetectable ARP poisoning (not exactly arp poisoning)

Quote Originally Posted by lnuxxunl
    so the probelm is my wireless card doesn't pick up any packet not addressed to it so how to make it accept any packet even if it not addressed to it
    You can put it in monitor mode, capture packets using airodump and decrypt them using airdecap. For more detailed info, follow this link.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    It will?
    I believe you have a fault in your "sarcasm detector". You should get that fixed at your local store
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for response

My point is to make HMITM (Hardware man in middle attack) so i will pretend to be the AP through changing may adapter mac to AP mac with the suitable software on my box like router software i will respond to any authentication request

in monitor mode the adapter will just recieve the traffic it will not respond to these requests .is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    I believe you have a fault in your "sarcasm detector". You should get that fixed at your local store
    I thought of that, but the sad smilie confused me... (Fixed the post)