Thread: Kon-Boot

Smile Kon-Boot

Kon-Boot is an prototype piece of software which allows to change contents of a linux kernel on the fly (while booting). In the current compilation state it allows to log into a linux system as 'root' user without typing the correct password or to elevate privileges from current user to root. It was acctually started as silly project of mine, which was born from my never-ending memory problems Secondly it was mainly created for Ubuntu, later i have made few add-ons to cover some other linux distributions. Finally, please consider this is my first linux project so far Entire Kon-Boot was written in pure x86 assembly, using old grandpa-geezer TASM 4.0. It works with windoze also.

+ Information
    Little Video

Hope it helps
    R3g@rd$

Good friend of the forums

Dude you're AWESOME!

Thank you for the very hard work you've done on this project you can't believe what amazement happened when all my collegues realised their passwords are no longer valid protection (like they ever were... )

By the way, is there a way to subvert domain logins in Active Directory environments the same way? That would be.. .huge!