Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eee pc 1000he injection

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default eee pc 1000he injection

Hello,

I am running a persistent live usb version of bt4, every time i run aireplay-ng the systems freezes and all i can do is shutdown manually.

I looked around in this forum and on google, and i've seen people have managed to fix this by installing the new drivers for ath9k and using the mon0 interface created by airmon-ng.

The problem is, i downloaded the tarball for compat-wireless 2.6 from here:
    wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download#Directlydownloadingthetarball
    and ran the commands:
    #tar jxvf compat-wireless-$(date -I).tar.bz2
    #cd compat-wireless-$(date -I)
    #make
    #sudo make install
    #sudo make unload

then rebooted the machine, and used #modprobe ath9k to load the driver.
    but the system still freezes! i can use airmon-ng and airodump-ng but aireplay-ng still freezes the system.

I use #airmon-ng start wlan0 to start monitoring mode, and from then on i use mon0 interface for all actions (including aireplay-ng).

any suggestions? i am kinda new to linux, so it's possible i'm installing the drivers wrong or doing something else wrong....

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

check if persistent changes is setup correctly.

instead of rebooting after installing compat-wireless, do:
    # make unload
    # modprobe ath9k

that should work.

Just burned his ISO

Also had this similar problem with freezing, the newer drivers on my 1000HE with the bt4b worked awesome.

Just burned his ISO

Default problem compiling

First of all, thanks for the replies.

I think i might have found the reason the drivers didnt work...
    I had a few errors running the make command, so i guess the drivers didnt compile well. I tried searching for the problem online but i only found a few posts saying it might be a bug, but i dont think that is the case since it worked well for others...

this is the error i get:
    root@bt:~/compat-wireless-2009-04-20# make
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.28.1/build M=/root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20 modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.28.1'
    CC [M] /root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_sdio.o
    /root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_sdio.c:53: error: ‘SDIO_DEVICE_ID_MARVELL_8688WLAN’ undeclared here (not in a function)
    make[4]: *** [/root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_sdio.o] Error 1
    make[3]: *** [/root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20/drivers/net/wireless/libertas] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [/root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20/drivers/net/wireless] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [_module_/root/compat-wireless-2009-04-20] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.28.1'
    make: *** [modules] Error 2

Any suggestions?

Developer

Ok Im not sure why you are downloading new drivers. I had a friend with a 100he and in order for his to work I went into /opt/drivers which is where muts and Mister_X put the extra madwifi drivers. I built the Hal drivers and then rmmod ath_pci and modprobe ath9k and it worked p[erfect.

Just burned his ISO

thanks, i get an error: Module ath_pci does not exist in /proc/modules...

what does that mean? i tried ignoring it and modprobe ath9k but it still freezes when i aireplay-ng...

Talarari i have the same problem, i froze when authenticating with my fake mac adress following xploitz video guide to cracking wep.

Just burned his ISO

I downloaded the tarball but cant figure out how to properly update the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by joshtbuff View Post
    I downloaded the tarball but cant figure out how to properly update the drivers.
    I am pretty sure there is a tutorial for that somewhere in this forum. Look around, and if you can not find me PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    I am pretty sure there is a tutorial for that somewhere in this forum. Look around, and if you can not find me PM me.
    Did you mean this post?

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4...pc-1000he.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast