Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: using a proxy

Just burned his ISO

Default using a proxy

what is the best proxy tool to use in bt4 to surf the net and use nmap etc...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by fullyloaded View Post
    what is the best proxy tool to use in bt4 to surf the net and use nmap etc...
    Why would you want to use nmap across the internet?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

reason is i been learning how to use nmap from my laptop to my computer for the past week and i got a call from my isp saying that some one has been doing port scanning etc.. from my ip i just don't want any problems with my isp

reason is i been learning how to use nmap from my laptop to my computer for the past week and i got a call from my isp saying that some one has been doing port scanning etc.. from my ip i just don't want any problems with my isp
    Then you're obviously doing something in violation of your TOS/AUP of your ISP and you should stop it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Consider this your only warning.

Good friend of the forums

yeah, right... so if you use a proxy, the traffic will be generated from someone else's box? And your ISP will not notice the traffic leaving their network from your box?!

Use an SSH tunnel to somewhere, nmap from there... and your "point" will get blocked soon, too, if your 'acts' are not 100% legal. So... you get the point. Don't get yourself in trouble, scan your internal network (at your home, for machines that belong to you) or scan 127.0.0.1 - you wanna learn nmap? Read "nmap scanning" book, scan yourself, your network, you'll be just fine

Just burned his ISO

the thing is why would i scan some one else's box for one i don't no that much about nmap or backtrack thats just plain retarded and also illegal everything i'm doing is to my own computer i see other questions on here that are way worse then mine but what can you do i'm not going to cry over it anyways thanks for the replys and help don't get me wrong i understand all about it. again thanks...

the thing is why would i scan some one else's box for one i don't no that much about nmap or backtrack thats just plain retarded and also illegal everything i'm doing is to my own computer
    But you've already admitted to wanting to do that in the previous posts, as well as stating you've gotten a warning from your ISP that you were running scans. So you came here asking how to use a Proxy to avoid being detected by your ISP.

i see other questions on here that are way worse then mine but what can you do i'm not going to cry over it anyways thanks for the replys and help don't get me wrong i understand all about it. again thanks...
    If you see a something that is possibly in violation of the rules of the forum, you should be reporting it to the mods so that it can be handled properly.

Developer

you should be reporting it to the mods so that it can be handled properly.
    We are pretty effective at keeping the forum legit and retard free and much of that is due to members reporting posts. Much better than lots of other forums I visit.

Just burned his ISO

yes scanning my own computer what i mean is its not hooked up to my router its using my real ip when i scan it the first time hooked up to my router it was giving me vulnerabilities then when i scan it not hooked up to the router being hooked up to a hub im getting no vulnerabilities and thats what im trying to say i just want to make it clear that im not scanning any other computer but my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast