Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to put 2 operating systems in a usb?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to put 2 operating systems in a usb?

How to put 2 operation systems in a usb? like backtrack and wifislax in the same usb?

I read about gurb but some BIOS not support it. Which is a good method, not VMWARE.

Quote Originally Posted by betita_elfica View Post
    How to put 2 operation systems in a usb? like backtrack and wifislax in the same usb?

I read about gurb but some BIOS not support it. Which is a good method, not VMWARE.
    Google is your friend here. I did this with a few different distros.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

I've been googling around trying to find an upto date tut on it, really wanting to combine Ophcrack and BackTrack3.

Have been looking at UNetbootin, haven't had time yet to try it out but will do when I get my hands on a new USB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by =TAPE= View Post
    I've been googling around trying to find an upto date tut on it, really wanting to combine Ophcrack and BackTrack3.

Have been looking at UNetbootin, haven't had time yet to try it out but will do when I get my hands on a new USB drive.
    Here's how I did it. Use unetbootin to make a bootable usb drive. Then use it again to make a second bootable drive with your second(or third or fourth) cd. On the second drive there will be a folder with your os. Copy that to your first drive and edit the syslinux.cfg to point to the new os. I just copy the pertinent info from the second drive's syslinux.conf and paste it into the first one.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

That actualy sounds like I might be able to handle it !
    Thanks, will revert with success or failure after getting new USB, darn things I have here are too small..

That actualy sounds like I might be able to handle it !
    Thanks, will revert with success or failure after getting new USB, darn things I have here are too small..
    I was looking at my local microcenter for drives of 1Gb or less, couldn't find any. Smallest ones I could find were 2Gb. That's why I had to figure out how to do the multi-boot usb thumb drive thing.

Hmm, guess I was wrong, can't handle it as easy as I thought I might be able to

Created bootable USB with UNetbootin then another with Ophcrack,moved the Opcrack OS folder to the 1st USB drive
    and have tried various modifications of the syslinux.cfg.
    It does not recognise the ophcrack parts and goes straight to BT.. darn.
    I am not pointing it right somehow..
    In your method, I imagine you manage to get a menu of sorts from which to choose which live distro you want to boot up ?

I realise this is not within the scope of BT, so if no further info can be given, well understood.
    I will be flexing my google fu for a while on this one.. !

Hmm, guess I was wrong, can't handle it as easy as I thought I might be able to

Created bootable USB with UNetbootin then another with Ophcrack,moved the Opcrack OS folder to the 1st USB drive
    and have tried various modifications of the syslinux.cfg.
    It does not recognise the ophcrack parts and goes straight to BT.. darn.
    I am not pointing it right somehow..
    In your method, I imagine you manage to get a menu of sorts from which to choose which live distro you want to boot up ?

I realise this is not within the scope of BT, so if no further info can be given, well understood.
    I will be flexing my google fu for a while on this one.. !
    Ahh, Ophcrack won't work correctly... Forgot about that. For some reason it splits out the os and the applications on the cd. I tried to make one with both xp and vista on one drive.

Thanks for that ! Saves me from killing myself trying to get it to work that way.
    I intend to keep trying some way or another though, would be a handy thing to have.

Just burned his ISO

if i use unebootin i download the usb image or the cd image of backtrack?

First, i use wingrub. please answer me.

wingrub or unebootin and then configure syslinux.cfg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast