Thread: BT4b LiveCD Not Loading on Macbook

Just burned his ISO

Question BT4b LiveCD Not Loading on Macbook

Greetings all!

I am having an issue getting my new BT4b LiveCD to function on my Macbook (bought February 2008). It will go through the initial load, but when it goes through the individual modules, it indicates that I am working on an unsupported device, that it is a fatal error (and that it should not happen), and then to alt+ctrl+del to restart.

I have been reading other posts where people have been able to get the LiveCD to work fine on a Macbook. Are there drivers that need to be present on the hard drive for the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM in order for BT4 to function properly?

I appreciate your help.

PM

Just burned his ISO

I have a MBP 2.6 GHz about 1 1/2 yrs old and able to boot off DVD and run BT4b fine within parallels 4 if that helps.
    RW

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Minister View Post
    Greetings all!

I am having an issue getting my new BT4b LiveCD to function on my Macbook (bought February 2008). It will go through the initial load, but when it goes through the individual modules, it indicates that I am working on an unsupported device, that it is a fatal error (and that it should not happen), and then to alt+ctrl+del to restart.

I have been reading other posts where people have been able to get the LiveCD to work fine on a Macbook. Are there drivers that need to be present on the hard drive for the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM in order for BT4 to function properly?

I appreciate your help.

PM
    Does the cd boot regular pc's? Could be a bad burn or download, did you check the md5?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Does the cd boot regular pc's? Could be a bad burn or download, did you check the md5?
    HUH ?

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    HUH ?
    You know, regular pc's. Those beige box things that run Windows.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69