Thread: [with screenshot attached]

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question [with screenshot attached]

Hi, I am using BackTrack 4 Beta with VirtualMachine on a Macbookpro using a usb D-Link DWL-G122 C1 wireless card.

I have successfully managed to crack a WEP key, but I now that I am attempting to crack another one I have run into a problem.

While cracking the WEP key for one network went well, I cannot crack my next one because it seems aireplay-ng is not displaying many of the Station Mac ID's that it was on my first successful run.

This is the process that has worked for me before:

iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor

kismet

airodump-ng --ivs -w dump --channel NUMBER wlan0

aireplay-ng -3 -b BSSID -h BASESTATION wlan0

aireplay-ng -0 wlan0 -a BSSID wlan0

aircrack-ng -0 -n 128 -f 2 FILENAME.ivs

You can see a screen shot of what I am seeing here:
    img238.imageshack.us/img238/5179/bt4.gif

As you can see there, the BSSID ending in 71:51:73 doesn't even show up at the bottom. But it was in fact showing up before.

What happened and how can I correct this?

It's not showing up because there are no clients connected to it. Make a client connection to the AP and then that connection will show up in your airodump window.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    It's not showing up because there are no clients connected to it. Make a client connection to the AP and then that connection will show up in your airodump window.

Ok I will try that. Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Wow first post . .. anyways

from what i have read and experenced if you do a mass deauth it will make many of the connect clients appear

aireplay-ng --deauth 10 -a BSSID wlan0

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by static-eratic View Post
    Wow first post . .. anyways

from what i have read and experenced if you do a mass deauth it will make many of the connect clients appear

aireplay-ng --deauth 10 -a BSSID wlan0
    I've tried that before and it spits an error back at me for some reason. It reads "missing value".

I figured that maybe the syntax in BT4 had changed, but when I look at the format in aireplay-ng --help it claims it has be be written the way you've listed it there.

After removing the usb card and rebooting my laptop, things worked well.

strange.

I have experenced the same issue with having to remove the card and reboot, no clue why it does that "im on bt4"

The only warning i have that things are not really working is if i try and send an auth request to my AP and it doesnt go through.

Just wanted you to know your not alone.

Is this your own network you're testing? The one at the top at -55 could be, but -69 is starting to be a bit further away...just wondering...
    In God we trust, all others we monitor