Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Inspiron

Ilove

Default Dell Inspiron

I am on the assumption that I have either WPA/WEP (preferably WEP as it is less difficult to handle) or equivalent setup. I want to try Backtrack 4 beta's applications to try and crack my wireless network. How would I perform this?

I am running Backtrack 4 beta via Sun Micro System's Sun VirtualBox. I will await your assistance.

Good friend of the forums

I for one, wecome our new spoon-awaiting Overlords...

Ilove

I actually expect a supportive suggestion. I want to test my wireless security if possible because recently my signal has started to lag. I believe this is unusual. BTW I appreciate your welcoming.

img256.imageshack.us/img256/9523/snapshot4.png

Although I am connected to the internet through wireless, I am not able to visualise my network card when I type airmon-ng. Could somebody dicuss this issue with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove View Post
    I actually expect a supportive suggestion. I want to test my wireless security if possible because recently my signal has started to lag. I believe this is unusual. BTW I appreciate your welcoming.
    How about helping yourself and searching for a how-to on this forum, there's only a few dozen to choose from. Also, don't forget, only usb based wifi cards will be directly usable in a virtual environment.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Ilove

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How about helping yourself and searching for a how-to on this forum, there's only a few dozen to choose from. Also, don't forget, only usb based wifi cards will be directly usable in a virtual environment.
    First of all, thank you for your reply Barry. I have limited access to my computer as my kids have to study most of their work on this laptop machine. I do not have enough time to directly utilise for the forums. I have a DELL Wireless Card internally installed (soldered). Can I use my USB card in order to connect to this laptop? If I could then I would have practicality to summon the encryption attack from this sort of connection.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove View Post
    I have a few "supportive suggestions" for you,
    First don't come here demanding anything, period. It not only makes you sound like a horse's back side, but it turns people off.
    Second as Barry mentioned there are several threads (more than enough to cover your problem) to choose from for help.
    Third most people here will not spoonfeed you. If you want help show that you are interested in learning by forming intelligent threads. There are lots of people here who will/can help you but you have to be willing to do the grunt work. Now pick yourself up out of the dirt and pat your self on the back, and know that it is nothing personal just life. Get back on track and let us know what it is you tried, (being specific) your goals, and what you have failed to understand by reading.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

First of all - if you want to test your own security because the network is lagging...just change the encryption on your access point to WPA/WPA2, and choose a long passphrase. That should cure your problem.

The other problem we cannot cure here is ignorance or attitude. archangel was being polite so as to not call you an asshole directly. You were instructed to search the forums, and given some basic info by Barry, your next reply was asking for trouble. If you don't have laptop time to even search a forum, don't expect to have it in order to learn how to use BT or any of its tools, as it will take you FAR more time.

Also, don't threaten anyone with "reporting them to the authorities" for calling you a horse's back - I'm sure the officers will have a good laugh if you do.
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

Hey Mom, you ever finish your uber l337 WRT?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Ilove

How do you think you can insult me and get away with it? So you really think that no one is monitoring your messages while you post your insults here? You are lucky you are just two geeks behind the monitor or I would have smashed your faces if I had found your whereabouts.

I would not give you a second chance as my patient always runs out fast.

Barry: finished it, but the write-up is 75% done, thanks for the reminder, I've got some spare time these days so I'll finish it up.

Ilove: hope you enjoy your new title & avatar!
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast