Thread: Vmware + Framework - Need help

Just burned his ISO

Default Vmware + Framework - Need help

Hello guys. I have a problem using VMware as a 'testing platform' on Desktop #1 while on Desktop #2 I have a terminal opened with msfconsole.

In the msfconsole is the exploit for windows browser ie explorer (ie_createobject); it is started on port 80 on localhost, on the VMware workstation machine, I have installed Windows XP SP3 formated and installed, all that stuff. BUT, I have a problem, my Internet doesn't 'work', tried NAT option (in VMware) also Bridged and Bridged + Replicate, I also entered my MAC Address in the Network Address in LAN Settings (on Windows). It gives the same, on Bridged it says: Cable unplugged (wtf?) and on NAT it says Limited or no connectivity and sometimes Cable unplugged.

What is the problem?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Vmware + Framework - Need help

Hi,
    I had no experience on the VMware but I tried with Sun VBox and it works fine. Image #1 BT4, image #2 Win XP sp2. I used bridge instead of NAT. With both image set to bridge, I am able to browse internet and also exploit on image #2 using image #1 on my machine. Hope this will help.

Sorry for my poor English.

Cheers,
    Poh

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
    Hello guys. I have a problem using VMware as a 'testing platform' on Desktop #1 while on Desktop #2 I have a terminal opened with msfconsole.

In the msfconsole is the exploit for windows browser ie explorer (ie_createobject); it is started on port 80 on localhost, on the VMware workstation machine, I have installed Windows XP SP3 formated and installed, all that stuff. BUT, I have a problem, my Internet doesn't 'work', tried NAT option (in VMware) also Bridged and Bridged + Replicate, I also entered my MAC Address in the Network Address in LAN Settings (on Windows). It gives the same, on Bridged it says: Cable unplugged (wtf?) and on NAT it says Limited or no connectivity and sometimes Cable unplugged.

What is the problem?
    The problem is you don't have networking setup and you are trying to run metasploit. The best thing would be to setup one machine get the networking working correctly then do the same for the other one. Next would be to insure that you can ping back and forth between the machines. Also you do know that all internal Non-USB cards will be recognized as a generic Ethernet adapter, and this will in turn effect how you go about setting up networking. Once this is done then you can move on to metasploit. There a plenty of links in the thread I created for you called "if you are new to Back Track and or linux read this thread".

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel.Amael View Post
    The problem is you don't have networking setup and you are trying to run metasploit. The best thing would be to setup one machine get the networking working correctly then do the same for the other one. Next would be to insure that you can ping back and forth between the machines. Also you do know that all internal Non-USB cards will be recognized as a generic Ethernet adapter, and this will in turn effect how you go about setting up networking. Once this is done then you can move on to metasploit. There a plenty of links in the thread I created for you called "if you are new to Back Track and or linux read this thread".
    You did not quite understood what I wanted to say (probably my explanation was poor, sorry), in the VMware Workstation, I DO NOT HAVE Back|Track mounted and in that mounted Back|Track distribution, installed VMware and trying to get the Network up and running on Windows XP SP3. I have Back|Track 4 installed on my HardDisk -- Desktop -- and I have 2 desktops in it, in the first one I said I have the VMWare running with the Windows XP SP3 iso mounted and on Desktop #2 I have my shell console with msfconsole up and running.

Anyways, I will try khianhui's method as I've seen in a couple for tutorials today that the authors used Sun VBox.

Thank you again for your help.