Thread: Lanmap

Question Lanmap

Hi everyone.

when i use Lanmap in my network it show me there is som PCs connect to the Outside directly.

and some PCs connect from firewall.

so PLZ PLZ give me your advice.

best regards,

Default Re: Lanmap

Quote Originally Posted by skull2006 View Post
    when i use Lanmap in my network it show me there is som PCs connect to the Outside directly.
    and some PCs connect from firewall.
    I'm not sure what you're asking here... Would you care to elaborate? Some more info about the problem (if there is one) would be great.

there's some PC connect to the outside directly.

because sometimes i find all PCs connecting to my Firewall , and just the firewall connecting to outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking here... Would you care to elaborate? Some more info about the problem (if there is one) would be great.
    in an attempt to clarify the ops post, i think what they're saying is that when they use lanmap (inside) their network, it's showing that some pcs are directly connected to the internets (dmz?) and some remain private inside the router lan.

however, their request:

Quote Originally Posted by skull2006 View Post
    requires further extrapolation. what is confusing about this is that the op is seeking advice on a piece of software that has done it's job, apparently without error. or perhaps the op is asking for the next step, i.e.: i've mapped my network, now what do i do?
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Provide more details OP. Many more details. What are you trying to achieve for starters? What sort of advice do you want? How is your network setup (what sort of devices, how are they connected, etc)? Before you make your next post, I want you to be able to read over what you have just written and think "Wow, I really went overboard with the details there...". Make sure the details are relevant.

I am now at the point where I am going to delete this thread if the next post you make does not demonstrate a decent effort to properly articulate your problem. It seems like you are just phoning this in at the moment, and it's wasting everyone's time and cluttering up the forum.
    Last edited by lupin; 02-24-2010 at 05:08 AM.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

I'm sorry about your time.

LANmap discover my network and it's make good job.
    because some PCs change the network gateway or DNS to connect the internet over Firewall and i want know what they do to make that.

what they do to connect the internet directly?

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    as i said some times i found just the Firewall connect to the outside.

note: NOT DMZ

Check this Picture.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1281/whyg.png

check this pic.

Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 02-24-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Provide more details OP. Many more details. What are you trying to achieve for starters? What sort of advice do you want? How is your network setup (what sort of devices, how are they connected, etc)? Before you make your next post, I want you to be able to read over what you have just written and think "Wow, I really went overboard with the details there...". Make sure the details are relevant.

I am now at the point where I am going to delete this thread if the next post you make does not demonstrate a decent effort to properly articulate your problem. It seems like you are just phoning this in at the moment, and it's wasting everyone's time and cluttering up the forum.
    Dear Mr.lupin,

About my network it's normal network contains windows server 2003 work as DC "AD,DNS" connect to LAN have static IP.
    And Linux Firewall the RED interface contains real IP and Green interface connect to LAN and work as DHCP ...etc
    And the users IP fixed lease by MAC address.

when i discover LANMAP program "i found some PCs connect to the outside directly and when i make check over that PC i discover that PC have good internet connection it's look like "it is only PC in the network""

as you will see in the image below.

I make network stats and i find nothing maybe the user hear me coming and re-change it "lol".

My Questions is:

1-what the user did in your Imagination?
    2-How i can handle this even if the user make his move?

I hope that information can help you to help me.

Best regards,

NOTE:
    "in the my domain users can change the network configuration"