Thread: Network manager bt4 help

Just burned his ISO

Question Networking BT4 help

Hey.

i'm having trouble with the network manager. even though i start it and set up my static ip. it won't connect.
    i can still connect to the internet by configuring my ip manually but. i would like to make a script that types it in for me or get the network manager to work.

Help me R-E-forum your my only hope

Just burned his ISO

Question Network manager bt4 help

hey i can't get the network manager to work with my wired static ip.

i can connect manually via a terminal but i would like for it to be scripted or for the network manager to work.

i have done the /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start command.. but when i set up the connection and press save & connect.
    nothing happens and it still only connects if i do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattgenious View Post
    Hey.

i'm having trouble with the network manager. even though i start it and set up my static ip. it won't connect.
    i can still connect to the internet by configuring my ip manually but. i would like to make a script that types it in for me or get the network manager to work.

Help me R-E-forum your my only hope
    I suggest that you write a script that types it in for you.

Cross posting is against forum rules.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=21917
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.