Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [fix]spoonwep2 - swpa

Quote Originally Posted by alacrityathome View Post
    Odlan,

Any idea what linkages to set up in Ubuntu to see the wireless cards? In Ubuntu 9.04, I have installed Spoonwep2.deb and get the same result (no cards shown). Thanks.

A
    Same fix for Ubuntu too
    hxxp://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3387/schermatam.png
    Happiness is only real if shared

Just burned his ISO

Wink

good job for this wpa and wep tools
    it works correctly

Has anyone had an issue with the steps in this thread breaking the kmenu links?

Upon further investigation I should have asked, "Has anyone had an issue with the steps in this thread totally borking their system?"

The specific steps that I followed were...
    Code:
    rm /bin/sh
    ln -s /bin/bash/ /bin/sh
    And after doing so originally none of my kmenu or shortcuts worked. Trying to invoke sh in terminal says 'sh not installed do apt-get bash to install' so tried that but it said bash was installed. So I went into synaptic and reinstalled bash from there to no avail. Now upon a reboot of the system it hangs with the following:

Code:
    init: unable to execute "/bin/sh" for rcS: Not a directory
    init: rcS main process (1434) terminated with status 255
    init: Unable to execute "/bin/sh" for rc-default: Not a directory
    init: rc-default main process (1435) terminated with status 255
    On the bright side spoonwep/wpa did work before the reboot ;p

Any thoughts?
    ~Monovitae~

Just burned his ISO

Did you still have the same problem if so im about to fix your day and blow your mind at the same time cause the same thing happened to me earlier today and i finally figured it out. Also you will need an ubuntu live cd if you are using ubuntu. Let me know and ill post how to fix the problem. Later!!

If you still have this problem let me know and ill post how to fix it. Also you will need an ubuntu live cd!!

Quote Originally Posted by monovitae View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with the steps in this thread breaking the kmenu links?

Upon further investigation I should have asked, "Has anyone had an issue with the steps in this thread totally borking their system?"

The specific steps that I followed were...
    Code:
    rm /bin/sh
    ln -s /bin/bash/ /bin/sh
    And after doing so originally none of my kmenu or shortcuts worked. Trying to invoke sh in terminal says 'sh not installed do apt-get bash to install' so tried that but it said bash was installed. So I went into synaptic and reinstalled bash from there to no avail. Now upon a reboot of the system it hangs with the following:

Code:
    init: unable to execute "/bin/sh" for rcS: Not a directory
    init: rcS main process (1434) terminated with status 255
    init: Unable to execute "/bin/sh" for rc-default: Not a directory
    init: rc-default main process (1435) terminated with status 255
    On the bright side spoonwep/wpa did work before the reboot ;p

Any thoughts?

Just burned his ISO

on my computer spoonwep2 doesn't find any AP ....

(airodump-ng finds AP)

Just burned his ISO

Yeah mine does the same thing, it tries to open a seperate window then it can't so maybe it tries to run the commands in the terminal but does not have sufficient access and stops? Also my post earlier you dont have to have an ubuntu live cd, as long as you have a live cd for the OS that broke then it can be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualman18 View Post
    Yeah mine does the same thing, it tries to open a seperate window then it can't so maybe it tries to run the commands in the terminal but does not have sufficient access and stops? Also my post earlier you dont have to have an ubuntu live cd, as long as you have a live cd for the OS that broke then it can be repaired.
    Yes, I'm still having the issue I haven't wiped and started from my custom image yet because I haven't really needed BT4 over the weekend however once the week starts again I will have no other choice if I can't fix it. If you could detail your solution in this thread that would be great seeing as how it has at least happened to you and I someone else may be in need of your fix.
    ~Monovitae~

Just burned his ISO

ok first you need to boot into BT4 using the live cd not the harddrive. Im pretty sure you know how to do that but if not, when your computer starts up go into the boot options and set it to boot from a cd then restart. Ok once you are in BT4 open up a terminal and type the following....

df -h (this command will bring up the list of drives on your computer, you kay need to use sudo df -h if you dont have permission)
    ok this next step gets a little tricky, you have to determine which drive has your BT4 files that are stored on your drive. mine looks like this....
    desktop:~$ df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdb2 118G 8.6G 103G 8% /
    tmpfs 998M 0 998M 0% /lib/init/rw
    varrun 998M 224K 998M 1% /var/run
    varlock 998M 0 998M 0% /var/lock
    udev 998M 192K 998M 1% /dev
    tmpfs 998M 84K 998M 1% /dev/shm
    lrm 998M 2.4M 996M 1% /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/volatile
    /dev/sdb1 807G 1.3G 806G 1% /media/1TB Drive
    the drive you are looking for should be marked by /dev/sdb2 or something similar.
    if you cannot find the right one then you need to go to your file explorer and mount the right one. after you found it type in the console...

sudo rm -f ?????/bin/sh (the question marks indicate the bt4 on the harddrive)
    so if mine was on /dev/sdb1 i would type sudo rm -f /media/1TB Drive/bin/sh

and finally type...
    sudo ln -s /bin/bash ????/bin/sh
    (for me it would be sudo ln -s /bin/bash /media/1TB Drive/bin/sh )
    this tells the bash located on your live cd to make a new sh and stores it on the hard drive.

I really hope this helps, if not let me know and ill do my best to help you farther!! Good Luck!! Also let me know if it works for you.

Hey, does this fix the card not showing issue as i can get Wepbuster detecting my card ok, shows in ifconfig / iwconfig but i goto spoonwep / spoonwpa and the card is still now showing in the dropdown? When i tried your commands i get a dropdown of item 1-4 ..?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    Hey, does this fix the card not showing issue as i can get Wepbuster detecting my card ok, shows in ifconfig / iwconfig but i goto spoonwep / spoonwpa and the card is still now showing in the dropdown? When i tried your commands i get a dropdown of item 1-4 ..?
    yes that will enable your comp. To see your wireless cards. Now I'm having the problem where it will not search for any ap's after the first page. If you figure anything out let me know and I'll do the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast