Thread: Help me, after using wep, my connection reset

Just burned his ISO

Default Help me, after using wep, my connection reset

Sorry if my 1st thread OOT.

HI, all

I have some problem and question and need solution.
    Why is it that my wireless connection on my dekstop computer keeps on resetting? Everytime I download a program, it will go but then after a few minutes my internet wireless connection will cut and it will go back again. Is there a problem with my hardware? I am using a Z-com wireless router, my wireless client is LINKSYS WMP54G and SMC WPCI-G. I'm using wep Hex 128bit and filtering MAc ADDRESS, my desktop pc is about 5 meters away from the router. signal is "very good" and the speed default is 11.0 mbps. when resetting speed will change to 108 mbps. before I'm using wep, everything is good and no problem, but when i'm using wep problem come. what should I do? Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Bithedz View Post
    Sorry if my 1st thread OOT.

HI, all

I have some problem and question and need solution.
    Why is it that my wireless connection on my dekstop computer keeps on resetting? Everytime I download a program, it will go but then after a few minutes my internet wireless connection will cut and it will go back again. Is there a problem with my hardware? I am using a Z-com wireless router, my wireless client is LINKSYS WMP54G and SMC WPCI-G. I'm using wep Hex 128bit and filtering MAc ADDRESS, my desktop pc is about 5 meters away from the router. signal is "very good" and the speed default is 11.0 mbps. when resetting speed will change to 108 mbps. before I'm using wep, everything is good and no problem, but when i'm using wep problem come. what should I do? Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you...
    What does this have to do with Backtrack or Pentesting?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What does this have to do with Backtrack or Pentesting?
    Thank for replying my message.

Both, I'm using Bactrack 3 and Windows XP but problem still happen.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bithedz View Post
    Thank for replying my message.

Both, I'm using Bactrack 3 and Windows XP but problem still happen.
    Let me help expound onto what was posted above,
    This is a basic networking question and as such there are millions of answers available on the inturwub. Do some homework and research.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Just a recommendation if your 5 meters from the AP why don't you just use a cable?

I recommend starting with a clean state, fully reboot your router with factory settings.