* A Live CD/DVD created from a system with installed proprietary ATI or Nvidia drivers, when booted, will not load these drivers because casper (the ubuntu livecd boot routine) disables ati and nvidia proprietary drivers. 
* When running from a wubi installation, remastersys seems to enter an infinite loop when trying to create an iso from that system.
* failed to create base package list
I found many factor when remastering livecd fail especially have been struggling to install remasters - they all fail at the bootloader installation. A factor to avoid are:
1. KDE = most KDE cannot remaster well. If someone has done in KDE, it's only 5% from linux user.
2. proprietary ATI or Nvidia drivers
3. System/repo broken (fix it before remaster!! = eg: apt-get -f install, dpkg --configure - and etc)
4. 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 gnome OS. You have Kde, xfce or etc in your gnome!
5. You have install something in Wine (game or windows software)
6. Language = Only use English!