Thread: Bootable USB drive instructions

Just burned his ISO

Default Bootable USB drive instructions

I have tried following the bootable USB drive instructions on a number of different machines, virtual and standard. executing the bootinst.sh script does nothing. It just says "hit any key or ctrl-c to quit", I hit a key and nothing.

I have verified the ownership and execution settings. I am sure there is something simple and basic I am missing here.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ncheneweth View Post
    I have tried following the bootable USB drive instructions on a number of different machines, virtual and standard. executing the bootinst.sh script does nothing. It just says "hit any key or ctrl-c to quit", I hit a key and nothing.

I have verified the ownership and execution settings. I am sure there is something simple and basic I am missing here.
    i think you did the same thing as me. you might have transfered the ISO in windows i dont think it works.
    i did whole the process agian but just in linux this time.
    and then it finally worked.

sry my english hope you understand

Good friend of the forums

if you try putting yourself on our place, you will see how difficult it is to help someone who says "I get hit ctrl+c or any key" and get nothing.... how are we supposed to know your configuration, etc?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ncheneweth View Post

hmm have you tryed to run it as admin? and have you tryed to boot your USB drive without clicking the bootinst.bat/sh.