Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best eeepc for bt4b

Just burned his ISO

i have an 1000he using bt4b and everything works flawlessly including injection. i also upgraded the RAM to 2gigs and bought a AWUS036H. and yes, the battery life is a huge plus. especially if i could get the acpi scripts working.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cr1spyj0nes View Post
    i think im missing something here?? i'v got an eeepc 1000H and my wifi card works, injection also works, lol ??
    haha what did u do modify the 1000H, i think paket injection doesnt work on the ralinks just yet...
    They ran this hack in V.M.O., so I'm isolating the A.P.I., and just booting the host. -Matthew Farrell

ok so my local best buy has the 1000he and i can buy it, but before i do i just want to be clear with the model number and such. EPC1000HEB-BLK001X is the model number off of best buy's site. Is this the 1000he with injection and all features working out of the box??

Just burned his ISO

i bought mine from amazon. from what i hear (and could possibly be not true at all) best buy versions might have different features and/or is downgraded. i believe this was an issue with previous eeepc releases. i would check on the eeeuser's forum to see what others have said.

the 1000he does have everything working out of the box. no need to mod/buy/install other components. if you do decide to get it and are new to linux or backtrack, i suggest searching this forum for issues like enabling wifi, sound, etc.

Just burned his ISO

I run off of a EeePc 900, and packet injection works perfectly with BT4 beta (and it also did on BT3). You could get these netbooks for super cheap as well.

xsv u are right, best buy has gimped versions and are not as good as the full 1000he, they market thiers as 1000heb. it does not support 802.11n wiresless as well as some other downgrades. and, just wondering, are you into paintball? xsv is a team in the sport for anyone else wondering why i ask

Just burned his ISO

True, I did see where bestbuy had some "gimped" versions on the 1000HE. I got mine from the egg.....the wireless card didn't work right out of the box but a little driver update and some config and worked fine with packet injection :-)

Just burned his ISO

figured. i would get it from amazon. they have a promotional offer for free 2nd day shipping or next day shipping for an additional $3 or something like that. as for paintball, yes, i used to play quite a bit. i needed an alias and this one sounded cool enough.

@balmung135-

FYI the eee 1000HE *claims* up to 9.5 hour battery life and also has the atom N280 processor, which is a little bit more robust. Also, bluetooth 2.0 is included, however, you could solve that on the AA1 for about $5 on ebay and just buy one of the mini dongles.

I haven't bought my netbook yet (one year old son drains the wallet with daycare and all[but he's worth it]), but so far my vote is for the 1000HE.

I haven't tried the 1000HE, but I am absolutely happy with my 900A though.

It already has an atom processor (1.6 Ghz) and an atheros chipset. So it is working perfectly fine.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast