Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ruby/python top level domain(tld)search script

Just burned his ISO

Default ruby/python top level domain(tld)search script

sup?

i`m looking for script that will search for a given extension domain name for example:

*.com *.gov.us OR *.gov.tk OR *.*.tk

Thanks

How about telling us the purpose you need the script for, than it is better to answer your question.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by drlamer View Post
    sup?
    Interesting introduction.............
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    How about telling us the purpose you need the script for, than it is better to answer your question.
    just 4 legal purposes :-)
    gather statistics in my country domain class

I wasn't asking if it is legal or not since the simple answer it is something legal won't help

But I still don't get what you want to do. Could you explain it a little bit better please?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    I wasn't asking if it is legal or not since the simple answer it is something legal won't help

But I still don't get what you want to do. Could you explain it a little bit better please?
    you are some quirious guy KMDave haaa?

looking 4 script that can EXPORT root zone & give me some resault

WHAY not take it on youerself ???

i started python a while back , just bougt a book and did some reading ,

python is powerfull ,and quite user friendly ,i use it for scripting tasks ,

if you need a script ,better learn how to write it .(dont run unknown scripts on your box )

python is a good place to start ,

as mkdave said you need to give more details
    All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.

Bruce Lee

sup?

i`m looking for script that will search for a given extension domain name for example:

*.com *.gov.us OR *.gov.tk OR *.*.tk

Thanks
    Do you mean you want to search within a specific TLD and get a list of domain names? If you're searching within a TLD would you want it to return:
    *.someco.tk
    or
    www.someco.tk, mail.someco.tk, vpn.someco.tk, etc.

How do you plan to deal with Dynamic DNS services? It's highly likely that people and companies within your country depend on services like dyndns, no-ip, etc. none of which would fall within *.tk.

Because there's no point in searching for a given extension (TLD) as the list of TLDs is pretty much static unless ICANN et al make some major changes.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

you are some quirious guy KMDave haaa?

looking 4 script that can EXPORT root zone & give me some resault
    Copping an attitude with people trying to help you is always a good strategy to gain their co-operation.....

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting things though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

You're not really explaining your requirements very well. Im still not sure what you're trying to achieve even after reading each of your posts twice - the use of blue font and YELLING isn't the great aid to understanding that you seem to believe it to be. It certainly doesn't take the place of clear and meaningful writing.

Maybe if you tell us what you want to put into the script and then what you hope to get out we could provide some assistance? Err on the side of more detail, not less. Provide examples.

Also, does the script need to be in Ruby or Python? Do you want it in these languages because you are trying to learn these languages, or do you basically just care about having a program to output the result (in which case it should be OK to have the program in Perl/bash/ELF binary format)?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast