Thread: default kde menus

Good friend of the forums

Default default kde menus

There doesn't seem to be a menu entry for Kwrite or for any editor. Yes it is easy to add and I have but what happened to it in the first place?

Thanks,
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

what happened is that the menu has been created manually for you, just right click on it - edit - add your entry choose an icon, input kwrite in the command field... you're done.

Oh so the BT team removed all of the existing KDE menus and then created the ones we now see? That doesn't seem right....

Thank you for the instructions however I already added kwrite to my menu. It is just that after looking at BT3s menus (compared to BT4b) several seem to be missing.

Developer

These things have all been noted and will be fixed. Please guys remeber that not only is 4 beta but its a complete platform change from slax to debian. Another thing that happened is that bt4 beta had kde4 up until just a few weeks before its release but every one decided kde 4 sucked the big one and so kde 3 was put back on in kind of a hurry to make the shmoo release.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    These things have all been noted and will be fixed. Please guys remeber that not only is 4 beta but its a complete platform change from slax to debian. Another thing that happened is that bt4 beta had kde4 up until just a few weeks before its release but every one decided kde 4 sucked the big one and so kde 3 was put back on in kind of a hurry to make the shmoo release.
    Not a problem. I use BT3 in class and when I use BT4b at home some things were missing on the menu and I just added them back. So which version of KDE will be in final? Or hasn't that been decided yet?

PS Keep up the great work.