Thread: How to make BT4 Bootable to SD for ASUS EEEPC 1000HE

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default How to make BT4 Bootable to SD for ASUS EEEPC 1000HE

Hi, does anyone know how to make BT4 to be able to boot from a SD for Asus EEE PC 1000HE?

Quote Originally Posted by TaGY2K View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to make BT4 to be able to boot from a SD for Asus EEE PC 1000HE?
    Same way you make a usb thumb drive bootable for an eeePc.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Hey Y2k, let me know how it turns out - I just tested bt4 on my 1000HE and the trackpad doesn't work. I haven't looked into it yet, though.

Just burned his ISO

1. Download BT4 Beta ISO
    2. Download UNetbootin to make our usb bootable
    3. Run Unetbootin and select bt4-beta.iso for diskimage
    4. Select USB Drive letter and click on OK to start making a bootable usb drive

Just burned his ISO

My Trackpad works great om my 1000HE and Backtrack 4 Beta before and after upgrading.

Just burned his ISO J_dillinger's Avatar

The process for loading BT4 from SD is the same as loading it from USB.
    1. Extract the ISO on to a CD or Mount it in Linux with ISO Mount or in Windows with Daemon Tools Lite or Magic ISO and copy the files to the SD Card.

2. run /boot/bootinst.sh (./bootinst) in Linux or \boot\bootinst.bat in Windows and a message will pop up stateing the removable device is ready to boot.

3. press F2 while starting the eeePC and modify the boot device to load from the SD Card (not the hard drive). I have also noticed that if the SD card is removed then the eeePC will boot from the Hard Drive and will have to be setup to boot from the SD Card in the BIOS the next time you want to use it. I have not had this problem with any other box I work with so it may just be an issue with mine, nut if you have a problem loading it check the BIOS settings

Quote Originally Posted by J_dillinger View Post
    The process for loading BT4 from SD is the same as loading it from USB.
    1. Extract the ISO on to a CD or Mount it in Linux with ISO Mount or in Windows with Daemon Tools Lite or Magic ISO and copy the files to the SD Card.

2. run /boot/bootinst.sh (./bootinst) in Linux or \boot\bootinst.bat in Windows and a message will pop up stateing the removable device is ready to boot.

3. press F2 while starting the eeePC and modify the boot device to load from the SD Card (not the hard drive). I have also noticed that if the SD card is removed then the eeePC will boot from the Hard Drive and will have to be setup to boot from the SD Card in the BIOS the next time you want to use it. I have not had this problem with any other box I work with so it may just be an issue with mine, nut if you have a problem loading it check the BIOS settings
    Or, you can hit the esc key and bring up the bios boot menu.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Or, you can hit the esc key and bring up the bios boot menu.
    I had to use this method (esc, not BIOS settings) to boot my SD card.

Just burned his ISO

hi tagy2k,
    let´s go for a walk and install BT4 on SD card..

1 - Download BT4.iso
    2 - Download UNetbootin
    3 - UNetbootin: fire it up choose "BT" "3" and your ISO.. at the bottom you choose your C: partition und click start.
    4 - after UNetbootin´s finished you click restart.
    5 - on PC startup you choose UNetbootin
    6 - start install.sh - and go throuh the questions... (insert parallel your SD Card in you slot)
    7 - when it asks you to choose a partition you take the SD-Card of course.
    8 - go to the kitchen and make a cup of tea. and wait until it restarts your 1000he..
    9 - finish..
    10 - when you´re boot´in ya win, you can delete UNetbootin on the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    that all works fine, but i dont understand why i have to "startx" every time...
    can i enter "startx" in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh ?

and LOG IN AUTOMATICALLY dont works. i have each time to log in.
    could i fix this? when yes, then how do i do this..? []

thx @ all

greetings from germany Robert

Quote Originally Posted by poelchen1337 View Post

and LOG IN AUTOMATICALLY dont works. i have each time to log in.
    could i fix this? when yes, then how do i do this..? []
    How To Enable Automatic Logon In Ubuntu And Kubuntu

Backtrack is kubuntu for the most part.