Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting without using wireless assistant..

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down Connecting without using wireless assistant..

Im having serious issues staying connected to the net with the wireless assistant... is there anyone that can point me to the right path of being able to keep the connection alive?

please give more information. whats going on? what backtrack version are you using? what is your wireless card?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by zuke25 View Post
    Im having serious issues staying connected to the net with the wireless assistant... is there anyone that can point me to the right path of being able to keep the connection alive?
    BT4b? BT3?

Wireless card make/model?

Are you doing anything at the time of the drops? General browsing to Nessus scans?

-------------------------

Just so I don't leave a question with more questions.... I am going to assume bt3 since you said wireless assistant and not networkmanager.

Two things you can do just from a basic troubleshooting side, make sure your drivers are up-to-date, try a wired connection to see if you get the same results.

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3 Alfa 500mw

Ok when i first load backtrack I goto wireless assistant and put my home ap key in and hit connect as soon as it connects it drops and asks if i want to reconnect it weird and i just cant figure it out...

Ok when i first load backtrack I goto wireless assistant and put my home ap key in and hit connect as soon as it connects it drops and asks if i want to reconnect it weird and i just cant figure it out...
    Please confirm you are running BT3.

Are you using WEP/WPA/WPA2?

Has this ever worked for you, or is this a new issue?
    Also please try to find us some info on the wireless card you have.

Just burned his ISO

Default ...

It is backtrack3 and Wep and the wireless card is an ALFA 500mw AWUS036H this is not a new issue i would just like to resolve this issue so i can explore this great OS

Just burned his ISO

Default Oh

The only way i can keep the connection alive is if I load pidgin and login before it disconnects me but someone has to msg me to keep the connection open... If that can help you any.

It is backtrack3 and Wep and the wireless card is an ALFA 500mw AWUS036H this is not a new issue i would just like to resolve this issue so i can explore this great OS
    Pretty sure that card doesn't work with BT3.

You have a few options here:
    • Wait for BT4 final - the card has been reported as working
    • Download the BT4 beta
    • Pickup a supported USB card - you can find a list in the wiki

Developer

What!!!! of course that card works.

EEP! I apologize.

I did a search and saw that a bunch of people were happy to see it working in BT4, I shouldn't have assumed that meant it wasn't working in BT3.

After a search on that card here on the forums I did find some material that might help you out. Please try the same and see if it gets you anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast