Thread: I need an advice

Just burned his ISO

Default I need an advice

Hello!
    I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like forums.remote-exploit.org is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "BT4beta Software Related Issues" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordismlialm View Post
    Hello!
    I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like forums.remote-exploit.org is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "BT4beta Software Related Issues" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.
    While I certainly sympathize with your job situation, this forum is about BackTrack 4, and this particular sub-forum is about, you guessed it, software issues related to BT4.

Thread moved.

Try:

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    http://www.monster.com/
    http://www.simplyhired.com/
    http://www.careerbuilder.com/
    http://www.usajobs.gov/
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

As theprez alluded to instead of wasting time browsing random forums looking for ideas. Try some actual jobs sites, your local news paper classified ads, local job boards, local Government aid offices, etc.

While you might not find something directly related to Web Design immediately there's nothing wrong with taking a more generalized IT job (assuming you have some skill outside of web design) like a Helpdesk or Computer Store.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Ordismlialm View Post
    Hello!
    Focusing on one field is going to lead to disappointment.

If you want stay in the "computer" field (I say that because I don't consider webdesign IT), then you'll need to expand your skillset outside of webdesign.

You may need to take jobs that you view as below you until you can work your way up to something that you'll enjoy.

Good luck. The economy sucks, but at least I'm in government work.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Hey I saw this same thread in InsanelyMac.com!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=160287
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

If you are in US and have ever served in the military, the VA can assist you in some re-training, allowing you to broaden your "IT horizons" and be more competitive.

Good Luck...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

One thing my grandfather said has always stuck with me through the years.

"The world needs ditchdiggers too."

Don't limit yourself, if you're trying to support your family, get a job. Doesn't matter what it is, just get one.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Ordismlialm; Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    Hey I saw this same thread in InsanelyMac.com!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=160287
    Unfortunately, it's a common tactic. I'd expect to see it in other forums too.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";