Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WPA script

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    No. Encryption/decryption doesn't work like that. What you're describing is a Hollywood special effect. It looks better on TV than real life, where someone waits for a whole string to pop up, or in your case, not pop up.

In actuality, the encryption acts on the passphase and SSID as a whole, so it has to be decrypted as a whole.

You mean Joshua in War Games didn't really crack the launch codes?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by seanothan View Post
    You mean Joshua in War Games didn't really crack the launch codes?!?!
    HA! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking of when procraft7399 suggested that it might be done. I just wasn't sure who else might get the reference.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

HA! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking of when procraft7399 suggested that it might be done. I just wasn't sure who else might get the reference.
    Only us "older" people maybe. And I use the term older loosely.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

No cheating?

If you have physical access to the access point, you can get into it.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Press the "Reset" button...

Quote Originally Posted by s0sick View Post
    No cheating?

If you have physical access to the access point, you can get into it.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Press the "Reset" button...
    That's really not the point of what he's trying to do though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

My reason is simple for wanting to hack my linksys, it's the same as most eveyone elses reason on the forum, and it's simply because I can well actually I can't but thats not my point. I stumbled across this forum and backtrack some how and it peaked my curiosity it's my thirst for knowledge of the unknown. It's the simple pleasures in life that are usually the most fascinating reading the same book or watching the same movie over and over you can always find a new meaning in them.

Quote Originally Posted by procraft7399 View Post
    My reason is simple for wanting to hack my linksys, it's the same as most eveyone elses reason on the forum, and it's simply because I can well actually I can't but thats not my point. I stumbled across this forum and backtrack some how and it peaked my curiosity it's my thirst for knowledge of the unknown. It's the simple pleasures in life that are usually the most fascinating reading the same book or watching the same movie over and over you can always find a new meaning in them.
    Not everyone else, and it may not even be a majority of the regulars. Quite a few of us are paid professionals, who do this stuff for a living.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Not everyone else, and it may not even be a majority of the regulars. Quite a few of us are paid professionals, who do this stuff for a living.
    Thorn im a chef and trust me it sucks, i want to get in to IT but have no idea in how to do this if you could id like to pm you or you could add me on msn and if you could please send me in the right direction, thanks mate
    I would rather be hated for what i am,
    Then loved for what i am not.

Quote Originally Posted by cr1spyj0nes View Post
    Thorn im a chef and trust me it sucks, i want to get in to IT but have no idea in how to do this if you could id like to pm you or you could add me on msn and if you could please send me in the right direction, thanks mate
    If I may offer free advice (Disclaimer: I do this for a living....computer security, not free advice ):

1. Read all you can about the subject.
    2. Practice all you can on your own (set up a small lab)
    3. Find out if there is some kind of Computer "meet up" in your area, and attend. Get to know the people. Linux user groups for example.
    4. Attend a local college course on Computer Security or something related.
    5. Attend local cons and get to know the people. (this may require you to buy a few rounds!)
    6. Become a respected, and helpful member of a forum and provide useful and helpful information to the masses...that gets your name out into the community and gets it remembered (hopefully for good reasons!)
    7. Seek out people in your area with like interests
    8. If you can afford it, attend some Computer Security classes and get to know the people in attendance. (again, this may require you to buy a few rounds!)
    9. Offer your IT services to a local charity or like organization (i.e. build your resume in IT)
    10. Depending on your age, join the military and get a job doing computer security or IT in the service. (This is how I got my start...as an aside, the smartest, and best guy I ever worked with in the military was a chef who got tired of working the line!).

Good Luck...

Exactly what went through my head too! As Archangel mentioned, only us older folks would get it. As an aside, that movie along with Sneakers counts the only 2 good "hacker" movies I have seen to date.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast