Thread: adding ophcrack tables to BT4 liveDVD

Default adding ophcrack tables to BT4 liveDVD

hi
    i am trying to put the ophcrack tables (the 700MB tables) and some other tools that are not presence in BT4 in a live DVD.
    (i search about adding to BT4 new applications i find about live usb) .
    i try to copy the contant of the live dvd to a folder then add the ophcrack tables to the \BT4 directory ,then i put all the "boot" folder and the "BT4"
    folder (that contain the ophcrack tables) into the nero (create data DVD)
    and i burn it .
    i restart my pc and put the new live dvd but i can't boot to the BT4.
    their is any method to make new live dvd ""NOT"" a liveUSB.
    thanks...
    only for education purposes.

Well if it is just for educational purposed read up on how you can create a bootable image.

A little hint so that you don't waste tons of DVD's: try to boot it in a vm.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

their is any guide or tutorial for making a bootable dvd for BT ?
    (i search google and i can't find a simple tutorial to make a linux bootable dvd )

Good friend of the forums

here's the way I put 2 versions of ophrack on my bt3 live usb (same for live dvd (iso)):
    think of your grub configuration as a linking point between folders in the root of your dvd... now, look at the grub configuation now (I'm not giving you the filename to make it more interesting ) and see where the different entries point.
    Now, get extract the ophcrack iso and you will see 2 folders. One of them will contain the kernel - think of a way to get the data and the kernel in a location on the root of YOUR BT3, kind of mixing the folders of ophrack and bt3, in a way that will allow you to link to the kernel of ophrack from the bt3 grub conf file...

I know it sounds difficult, especially if *I* try to explain it, and knowing that my english is not native... but that's the way to do it. You don't need any slipstreaming tools - only vmware, the bt3 iso, ophrack iso, you need to know how to edit an iso image, put folders inside etc... and some testing, and in few hours of hard work you will get it.

i hate to kill BackTrack awesome live cd but they used a script called "linux live script". check it out. kinda touchy but it works. HINT: it says it when it boots up.

Just burned his ISO

I can't find it in this forum now but i wrote up a tutorial for BT2 to include the latest Ophcrack and its tables at the time onto a DVD.

I just put the files into a directory in the root of the DVD and then referenced that through the livecd. You can access the DVD like you would see it in windows, as long as you find the mount path.