Thread: Display Configuration (resolution)

Just burned his ISO

Default Display Configuration (resolution)

Hello...

BT4 is fantastic!

But... I would like to know how can I change my display resolution, because I'm using 800 x 600 (default) and it's terrible!

thanks

type krandrtray in a konsole

Just burned his ISO

hey, im having the same problem and when i type krandrtray in konsole it doesn't do anything.

edit: when i type "xrandr -s 1680x1050" it says, size is not available. Why is it saying this, that's my monitors native resolution.

also, im running BT4 off of a live cd does this have anything to do with the problem??

So your saying when you type krandrtray in a konsole you don't get a new icon by the flag in the bottom right hand corner of the screen ?

If you do... but didn't notice..

Click on it and it will bring up a list of display resolutions and options. Just click the one you want.

Just burned his ISO

No it does appear and when i click on it it says "screen size" 800x600 or 640x480 below it.
    Also when i click configure display, it says an index has not been created. (im trying to create one now?)

I have a 22' monitor with a native res. of 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropamorphic_Skitzo View Post
    No it does appear and when i click on it it says "screen size" 800x600 or 640x480 below it.
    Also when i click configure display, it says an index has not been created. (im trying to create one now?)

I have a 22' monitor with a native res. of 1680x1050
    Do a google search for your monitor and xorg.conf
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69