Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus eeepc 1000HE

Just burned his ISO

Hi guys,
    thanks to all the info here I finally figured it all out. I installed the drivers and just ignored the looping error message (closed that terminal). I opened a new terminal and did modprobe ath9k. I also figured out what mon0 is (to help out other noobs: it is the new virtual interface created by airmon-ng when you run "airmon-ng start wlan0" to put your wireless card into monitor mode. You will use this for any other commands further on, such as the injection thingie in aireplay-ng or capturing in airodump-ng, instead of wlan0). You don't need to do anything to enable the card except the modprobe ath9k command. If anyone could tell me exactly how to make this command (modprobe ath9k) run automatically on startup, I would greatly appreciate it!

Does anyone have connection problems with their Atheros card and the driver patch applied? My connection drops a lot, and when I am next to my router I have half signal strength which is strange? I have reinstalled the driver and the issue still persists.

Just burned his ISO

I haven't noticed an issue like this, but then again I never tried using it without the new drivers, and I'm not all that impressed with the range of the wireless card in the 1000HE using Windows or backtrack. Can you tell me how to read those numbers that are shown for signal strength? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Does anyone have connection problems with their Atheros card and the driver patch applied? My connection drops a lot, and when I am next to my router I have half signal strength which is strange? I have reinstalled the driver and the issue still persists.
    Yea, I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this type of problem... When scan and dumping for ivs the signal strength seems to be fine, but only when you establish a connection is when the problems seems to be.

Just burned his ISO

Oh I see you are referring to the signal strength when connected to the network. I haven't actually done that, only packet capture/injection. Is there an easy program with a GUI on bt4 that I can use to connect to a wireless network?

Quote Originally Posted by sambo60 View Post
    Oh I see you are referring to the signal strength when connected to the network. I haven't actually done that, only packet capture/injection. Is there an easy program with a GUI on bt4 that I can use to connect to a wireless network?
    NetworkManager.

Typing "NetworkManager start" in the shell will allow you to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    I found a solution to this problem.

Seems the wifi card in the ASUS 1000HE is also bluetooth. I seemly turned off bluetooth in the bois to save battery life, which should not be done. So turning it back on fix the connection drop issue.

I upgraded BT4 beta and fixed the simlpe bug with the 'kde-fix.sh' and installed the drivers with these commands:

make
    sudo make install
    sudo make unload

Then i reinstalled NetworkManager, just for fun.

The signal strength still seems to give me problems, but at least the connection does not drop every 3 minutes.

Default Nice work

I will be giving this a try soon as well. Thank you for posting the fix.
    15" MBP 8 gigs o ram 256 gig SSD in drivebay + 256 gig 5400 HD
    1000HE EEE 30 gig SSD 2 gigs Ram

Quote Originally Posted by SnarkKnuckle View Post
    Yah yesterday I tried with BT4B on a 2gig flash drive...got the drivers, got the errors with like you said with maybe the broadcom, got some chocolate milk instead of a bagel and worked great.
    haha, nice glad it worked out for you... mmm chocolate milk...

Just burned his ISO

When Running the "Make" command i receive a message stating

Code:
    warning:symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.29.4/module.symvers is missing;modules will have no dependencies and modversions.
    What dose this mean for the install, and what can i do to rectify it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12