Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta VMware Virtual Machine

Just burned his ISO

Default BackTrack 4 Beta VMware Virtual Machine

Hi I think i have a problem with backtrack 4 when i boot up with live cd i can see all the wireless routers but when i use backtrack4 with wmvare player no wireles connection availaable i dont know whats wrong could you help please???(ipw2200)

Quote Originally Posted by digrev View Post
    Hi I think i have a problem with backtrack 4 when i boot up with live cd i can see all the wireless routers but when i use backtrack4 with wmvare player no wireles connection availaable i dont know whats wrong could you help please???(ipw2200)
    Short answer: The problem isn't with BT4, but rather that you haven't searched. This is covered in numerous threads.

Longer answer: VMware doesn’t attempt to virtualize wireless hardware. Also, most of the wireless pen testing tools require special drivers. Since they can't access they hardware directly (the VM does that), they won't work. You may be able to use a wireless USB device.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Are you using a usb adapter for your wireless? because I believe vmware only allows wireless through a usb, if that's the case just join the network with your host and bridge the connection

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ufoolg View Post
    because I believe vmware only allows wireless through a usb,
    Now that is not true. Vmware can use most any wireless card regardless of the connection type. The problem is that it will see all internal cards as a generic intel nic, and act accordingly.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

first of all thanks for everyone i have been workin on for 2 days on this issue but my english is not enough to understand some techinal articals i mean its not correct that i diidnt search it mybe archangel-amael can u explain more i think i couldnt understand what u mean exactly.. you mean can i use my ipw2200 card on wmware player or not??

first of all thanks for everyone i have been workin on for 2 days on this issue but my english is not enough to understand some techinal articals i mean its not correct that i diidnt search it mybe archangel-amael can u explain more i think i couldnt understand what u mean exactly.. you mean can i use my ipw2200 card on wmware player or not??
    Is it usb? If yes, then yes you can use it. If no, then you can only use it as a generic "wired" network adapter, the host operating system will have to do all the connection work.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is it usb? If yes, then yes you can use it. If no, then you can only use it as a generic "wired" network adapter, the host operating system will have to do all the connection work.
    Thank Barry, and to the OP follow what he just posted. Hope that makes better sense for you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I understand thank you for replying so i have 2 options ................firstly to buy a usb wireles nic or try wmvare 6.5 work station becasue as i know it supports wireless nic virtualization
    if it works i will let you know thanks again

I understand thank you for replying so i have 2 options ................firstly to buy a usb wireles nic or try wmvare 6.5 work station becasue as i know it supports wireless nic virtualization
    That's the first I've heard this.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's the first I've heard this.
    If this was true, you'd think it might be listed among the "Key New Features", which it is not.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast