Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correct Path to Flash Drive???

Quote Originally Posted by cgkades View Post
    Don't take shortcuts when learning, especially in Linux. Maybe you should boot into Ubuntu for a while and get used to the OS. (Hey Barry, I fixed my shift key )
    Sweet!! Maybe you can show drakoth777 how it works!

Stevendanza, you would put the path of your wordlist into the command, so after the -w you would have something like "/mnt/sdX/blabla...". See if that points you in the right direction.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    depending on what /dev your usb flash drive is mounted to it would be

aircrack-ng -w /mnt/sdb1/word.lst -b 00:17:3F:EE:CD:70 psk*.cap

if sdb1 were ur flash drive, if you're unsure, remove it, wait a few seconds then put it back in check the /var/log/messages file

That's it.........THANKS!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Dude, don't take this wrong, but if you can't get your way around your file system from the command line, maybe backtrack isn't the best place to start. Actually, there's no maybe about it.
    Judging by the last comment the OP made you were right.

To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by stevendanza View Post
    I have a password list on a separate Flash Drive it's mounted but I don't know the correct path to it.

How should the path to the list look??

Here's what I used when the word.lst was in the root dir.

aircrack-ng -w word.lst -b 00:17:3F:EE:CD:70 psk*.cap

Thanks!
    Wait didn't you fully learn BT 4 and Linux in ONE DAY? How can you possibly still have questions?

I can do it it's just a lot easier with the answers.
    The only way I can learn is by working with it, I'll learn BT and Linux all at the same time.
    Wow nothing like contradicting yourself in a single post.

Quote Originally Posted by cgkades View Post
    Don't take shortcuts when learning, especially in Linux. Maybe you should boot into Ubuntu for a while and get used to the OS. (Hey Barry, I fixed my shift key )
    Excellent advice from another voice of reason. Hmmm somehow this advice seems familiar.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Damn thorin,

trying to grab some attention again?

@OP:

The path to the USB stick is different from system to system. If you are learning everything well get a good tutorial about on how to use Linux as these are the very basics you will need very often.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by stevendanza View Post
    It's good that you got it to work. However, you should follow the steps outlined in drakoth777's first post to this thread. It was a lucky coincidence that your USB device was mounted with the same designation as his example. A different device could just as easily mount as sdb2 etc especially if you use a number of different USB keys or have multiple keys pluged in.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12