Thread: DeAuthorizing My Network!

Just burned his ISO

Default DeAuthorizing My Network!

Hello everyone,
    Im new to all this stuff just downloaded Backtrack 3 last night. New to forums and all so I hope you guys understand my lack of knowledge etc. Saw a tutorial somewhere I forgot now where you can stop all current connections to a network. By doing this in Konsole shell:

airodump wlan0
    aireplay -0 [count] -a [bssid]

However airodump wlan0 doesn't work for me so I did airodump-ng ath0 which does the scan as its suppose to. Once I get the bssid number of my network I type in aireplay -0 [count] -a [bssid] but it errors. Coming up with -bash: aireplay:command not found

So I've been trying aireplay-ng etc but still the same effect. Once again sorry for being a noob however I have great interest in this kind of stuff.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happytodd View Post
    I have great interest in this kind of stuff.
    Good then start reading this
    Make sure you are typing the commands correctly.
    If it still does not work post back with a the exact commands you used, and output.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by happytodd View Post
    So I've been trying aireplay-ng etc but still the same effect. Once again sorry for being a noob however I have great interest in this kind of stuff.
    Excellent then you should pick something like Ubuntu in order to get familiar with Linux and things like learning how to figure out the name of your NIC before jumping in the deep end and trying de-auth attacks.

Not that you shouldn't learn de-auth attacks etc but having some comfort in your operating system/environment would go a long way to making more advanced things (like de-auth attacks) easier.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

The most confusing thing for me is well... I've only used Windows XP really and its the first Linux Distro I've ever installed/used. The confusing thing is the "konsole shell" which acts nothing like the command prompt through what I have seen. The Shell is the operating system as I believe where you can program/write scripts to say what you want to happen you know. I have been following the tutorials but some stuff just keep erroring but still in the process of reading the link Archangel.amael gave me!