Thread: wpa crack do i do something wrong???

Just burned his ISO

Default wpa crack do i do something wrong???

hey i have that problem i know that i forgot something but i dont know what

here is the pic of my router that prooves that is mine and i dont do anything illegal :P
    and the other pic is from the backtrack trying to crack my own wpa,

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3953/18503088.jpg
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5020/wpas.png

i got the handshake as you see,the word is in the text file but i cant crack it why?i got the message of password isnt in the file...what i do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ntrncx View Post
    hey i have that problem i know that i forgot something but i dont know what

here is the pic of my router that prooves that is mine and i dont do anything illegal :P
    and the other pic is from the backtrack trying to crack my own wpa,

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3953/18503088.jpg
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5020/wpas.png

i got the handshake as you see,the word is in the text file but i cant crack it why?i got the message of password isnt in the file...what i do wrong?
    To Do#1: Move or copy your password file in root directory. This is optional, just to make sure that you are not typing the file path wrong.
    To Do#2: Use the following-
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -w test.txt -b 00:1E:E3:A6:73:21 psk*.cap
    And please reply back (saying 'it works' or 'didn't work')
    Cheers

Just burned his ISO

i did what you said and worked and after i tried with full path and worked again.and i didnt changed anything so i assume it might be a aircrack bug that unders some circumstances dont work?

thanks for you time man

i did what you said and worked and after i tried with full path and worked again.and i didnt changed anything so i assume it might be a aircrack bug that unders some circumstances dont work?

thanks for you time man
    sorry, i didn't get it. So, it worked, didn't it?

Just burned his ISO

yes it did it worked.and after i tried again with the password file where it was before i move it and worked again.dont know why didnt worked first time. thanks again

yes it did it worked.and after i tried again with the password file where it was before i move it and worked again.dont know why didnt worked first time. thanks again
    Just a little advice....... in the future, if it happens again, please try to find out why it was not working in the first place.... This time I'm telling you why?

You remember, you tried:

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /mnt/sda2/linux/test.txt -b 00:1E:E3:A6:73:21 psk-01.cap
    I asked to use:
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -w test.txt -b 00:1E:E3:A6:73:21 psk*.cap
    Mind the asteric (*), it gives the aircrack to use not only psk-01.cap but also 02, 03, 04 etc. Anyway, glad to hear that it works

Why are you trying to "prove" something that is already known as FACT? Give sufficient interest/time/resources any access point configured with WPA can be breached.

• Configure your device following industry best practices, and feel comfortable knowing you've done everything you can.
    • Conduct a quick no paper needed Threat and Risk Assessment.
      • Do you work for the Government?
      • Do you work at home?
      • Do you store/process data that anyone would want to bother stealing?
      • Do you use encryption when accessing/processing that data (SSL, VPN, TrueCrypt, etc.)
      • How much time/effort would a likely attacker spending attempting to gain access to that data?
      • Do your neighbors have open access points or more weakly configured devices than you?
      • etc.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.