Default laptop freezing

hi
    when i am using aircrack-ng tools (airodump-ng) to scan for AP
    some times my laptop freeze and the caps-lock light begin to flash
    i have to reset and reboot again to BT4 livecd
    how can i fix this
    i am using a edimax-ew7318 wifi
    thanks

their is no solution for my problem?????

this problem occur when i use airodump-ng to scan for AP
    this problem can be from my wifi ,laptop,driver,BT4...???
    any help!!!!

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

is it a crappy laptop? Have you tested the memory? Is it overheating? Is it running out of space after airodumping?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

First of all this is not the correct section to post as this is not a BUG or FIX.there may be numerous reasons like problem in processor or memory.run any other CPU & Memmory intensive tasks to verify that.one of my friend was having same problem while using aircrack-ng and reason was problematic CPU.

i have 4 GB or ram and 2.2 core2duo Toshiba A305
    i load it with heavy games on my vista and nothing is happen (no problem of freezing)
    when i enter with my BT4 live dvd all is good but the freezing occur when i use aircrack tools (not directly the laptop freeze when i use aircrack)!!!
    BUT this problem is not present on my desktop (lowest performance compared to my laptop)
    this problem can be from my wifi usb ??
    and how can i test the cpu as you have ask me to do?

Default rt73

try modprobe rt73
    s/b rausb0
    C
    Lux sit

some one can help solving my problem
    and guide me to know if my wifi usb is in damage or no
    because i use my usb on my desktop (lower performance compared to my laptop ) and nothing is happening but when i use my laptop i am get to be crazy because (most of time) when i use aircrack or dhclient wlan0 to connect to a AP the laptop freeze and i have to reboot him with reset
    (maybe can some one help me by telling me how can i disable all my usb port except the wifi usb to try it ,maybe their is a problem with power )

Oh do you have multiple AP's your connecting to or trying to use aircrack against?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

no
    only i am trying to access to my AP without using aircrack tools at the same time (and some times freeze when i use airodump-ng , if i use airodump-ng without specifying a channel with -c the interface goes down and i have to unplug it then plug it again)

i try to put : "lsusb" and i find many usb interface that i am not using them

how can i disable them and try if it work fine ?
    thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by samer View Post
    no
    only i am trying to access to my AP without using aircrack tools at the same time (and some times freeze when i use airodump-ng , if i use airodump-ng without specifying a channel with -c the interface goes down and i have to unplug it then plug it again)

i try to put : "lsusb" and i find many usb interface that i am not using them

how can i disable them and try if it work fine ?
    thanks...
    To quote thornin:

Why do you need to crack your AP? It is known to work and there is no further need to elaborate it. If you want to try it use your desktop. No need to discuss it further. Maybe it is a heat issue.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá