Thread: word list manipulater

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default word list manipulater

I have seen a reference to this, but thread seems to have died with no feedback on the final features. I can't post there or link to it, but it is called "WoRd_LiSt_MaNiPuLaTeR" in General IT Discussion.

Anyone use it? Or is there a preferred tool that I do not know of?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bgalfond View Post
    I have seen a reference to this, but thread seems to have died with no feedback on the final features. I can't post there or link to it, but it is called "WoRd_LiSt_MaNiPuLaTeR" in General IT Discussion.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ht=manipulator
    Anyone use it? Or is there a preferred tool that I do not know of?
    That would kind of depend on what exactly you're trying to accomplish.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

I want to combine a number of different lists, filter them for WPA ( 8 chars), and remove any duplicates.

Developer

Yes its a super duper high tech secret hack tool callled.....

BASIC LINUX

Assuming all the files are in the same directory then you can....

r00t@infected ~ $ cat *.* | sort -u | pw-inspector -m 8 -M 63 > optimizedwpa.lst

or if you want to be reall l33t you can
    r00t@infected ~ $ cat *.* | sort -u | pw-inspector -m 8 -M 63 > optimizedwpa.lst && john -w: optimizedwpa.lst -rules -stdout:63 | sort -u > badasswpalist.txt

The second command will take your list and run it through the john word mangler which will give you 50 variations of each word.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry if it was a stupid question, I am clearly still learning linux. I will say that while many people say to start with ubuntu or similar, I have learned far more in the past week of using backtrack and lurking on this forum than I did in the past 10 months of ubuntu/mint. They seem more crutch than trainer to me.

Thanks for the help.