Thread: AutoScan-Network

Default AutoScan-Network

The included version with BT4b is 1.26. Latest version is 1.41. Apologies if this is trivial.

http://autoscan-network.com/index.ph...d=12&Itemid=27
    "Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

I must be extra cranky today, but did you have a point?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcrank View Post
    I must be extra cranky today, but did you have a point?
    I took it as a "Hey devs, theres an updated version. Was the downgrade intentional?"

Just breathe, I'm sure he meant nothing by it....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

No, sorry I didn't catch the second clause, and read it as telling the rest of us what version is in bt4. My apologies to the Op, I was in a hurry and shouldn't have been. Kurt

I don't think the latest version is the best choice. I've been using 1.41 for the past couple of weeks and I keep on getting errors that prevent me from scanning the local network. I would stick with the current version, or at least something < 1.40.

This is the error I keep on getting about 50% of the time with 1.41.
    http://autoscan-network.com/index.ph...id=237&catid=4

Switching to an earlier version keeps the error from ever happening.

Default same in backtrack 3

the problem you linked to and described happens to me all the time in backtrack 3 final with version 1.41. i think it might have something to do with the dhcpcd process, i've noticed the number of times i encounter that problem goes down substanially if i take down the interface i won't be using autoscan with and re dhcpcd the one i will be... i guess to be extra verbose, else the program ends up merging two networks into one, and my computer becomes a bridge, annoying to say the least, potentially dangerous to any data and shared drive NASes you may have on a network you were trying to keep private.
    open source = open minds, human knowledge belongs to the world