Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Perfect Laptop/Netbook for Backtrack 3?

I'm currently looking at Dell Latitude e5400 or one of the ThinkPads. However, please correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am, Intel WiFi 5100 and 5300 cards do not seem to be supported by BackTrack and the Graphics Chip cannot be fully utilized (i.e. achieve it's natural resolution).
    You can get the 5100 to work just fine if you have a look around, it seems to work pretty well in my HP DV3505 (£500), infact I'm pretty impressed with it.

I do recomend you look at ubuntu and learn how to setup and use the tools included in backtrack, it'll be far more beneficial to you, it was for me.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

What I did when I was searching for a laptop that would be my main BT system. I figured out the options before hand I ideally wanted i.e: 15.4 LCD, high native resolution, dedicated NV graphics card etc. With my list of requirements I did some research on laptops, to a short list. I then went to the wiki and read which had the least "issues" and/or minimal tweaking compatibility wise. I personally ended up with an older Dell Precision M60. Newer laptops aren't always the best choice as it can take a while for compatible Linux drivers etc to come out.

I don't know if that helps, but that's the method I used. I haven't have any issues with the Dell and Backtrack. I since bought an Alfa USB wireless as well to expand its wireless compatibilities. The Dell's internal has a broadcom chipset. Which is supported but can be a little temperamental at times. The Alfa is pretty much the #1 usb wireless of choice around here. There's no such thing as the perfect BT laptop, as everyone's requirements are different. If it meets yours and does what you need it to, that's all that counts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12