Hi Guys,

I'm happily testing out the awesome BT4 via VMWare and finding it's a superb improvement over BT3. Everything seems to run faster and feels slicker.

Anyway, I'm using an Alfa AWUS036H via USB and so far everything is working just like it did in BT3. Packet injection works a treat and I have successfully broken a test WEP key on my local router.

However, I'm finding I can't connect to any WEP secured routers (I've tried two so far). I setup the connection using iwconfig:

iwconfig wlan0 essid "accesspoint" key s:test

I then bring the interface up (ifconfig wlan0 up) but it just won't associate. I have tried setting the connection properties via iwconfig in numerous ways but to no avail.

Syslog is showing this error:

Mar 16 12:04:55 bt kernel: wlan0: associated
Mar 16 12:04:55 bt kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
Mar 16 12:04:55 bt kernel: wlan0: disassociating by local choice (reason=3)
Mar 16 12:04:57 bt kernel: wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell disabled - disassociated

The lines in bold seem to be the problem. It is actually associating but then decides to disassociate due to the mixed-cell disabled problem.

Any idea what this means and how to solve it? I've done numerous searches on Google but only seem to find the odd post. Although this does come up alot on Ubuntu forums so I wonder if it's a Ubuntu problem?

Is there a driver update I can perform for the rtl8187 chipset that might help?