Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The newb horde flood.

I think the post about WPA is also part of it. It is just painful to read all the same questions over and over and seeing that noone puts any effort into trying to solve it.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yea, I can see that, but they should have at least put some effort into it first. You know, put what they've tried in the post, that way we can nudge them in the right direction. It's shit like this that I'm talking about.
    Yep! Saw that myself and was all set for a reply when I remember my mother saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"...so I bit my tongue and ignored it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Barry I have been saying the same thing, this is part of the Ubuntu kids coming over and thinking that they are gonna be the next sup0r Hax0r or whatever. They have no respect nor any real desire to learn. I have looked several times in the ubuntu forums and it is the same crap over and over again. By the time one gets through looking at 20 threads on the same issue it's not even worth bothering with.
    I suspect that with in a couple more weeks it will die down.
    Most of the skiddies will realize that computer security is not as glamorous as they thought and will lose interest.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Most of the skiddies will realize that computer security is not as glamorous as they thought and will lose interest.
    I thought computer security was the field to get into to meet chicks.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Software engineer is the one you want
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I guess it depends on the type of chicks you really want to meet. Take the con for example. Some of the chicks there were pretty cool, others, scared the shit out of me.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I guess it depends on the type of chicks you really want to meet. Take the con for example. Some of the chicks there were pretty cool, others, scared the shit out of me.
    At least there wasn't any t1t grabbing this year, at least none that I saw.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

There are usually some very cool women there. And there are always a couple that have personalities that can scare a blind man at 50 paces .

At least there wasn't any t1t grabbing this year, at least none that I felt. And I miss it.
    Fixed that for you.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    There are usually some very cool women there. And there are always a couple that have personalities that can scare a blind man at 50 paces .
    I do agree with that. I spent about two straight hours talking with someone on thursday night. She had a lot of fun stories to share, and I think you know who it was.

...the one that scares me stayed away from me this year, which did happen to make me happy.

I do agree with that. I spent about two straight hours talking with someone on thursday night. She had a lot of fun stories to share, and I think you know who it was.

...the one that scares me stayed away from me this year, which did happen to make me happy.

Yea, she is cool, really dig her phone. If only they had them with att..... I'm pretty sure who the other one is, the minute or three she was around me, I understand your pain.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast