root@bt:/etc/init.d/networking stop
    root@bt:/etc/init.d/NetworkManager stop
    root@bt:killall networking
    root@bt:killall NetworkManager
    and try then
    I would rather be hated for what i am,
    Then loved for what i am not.

Just burned his ISO

From this website, I notice that I may need to update the driver or patch it

Thanks. I have done it. I can de-auth my laptop so it cannot access the internet (type of DOS attack). But I still cannot capture all the 4-way handshake. I use Wireshark to find out there is EAPOL data in it... Is it because I capture only part of the handshake but not the whole set of the handshake?

Also, do I need to update the dictionary in order to find out the key... this is the first time I use the dictionary......

Also, I try to save the data in the root folder, but don't know why, when I log out and login again next time, all the data disappear!
    When I try to run aircrack, it sometimes hang... why?

Quote Originally Posted by charlescywong View Post
    Also, I try to save the data in the root folder, but don't know why, when I log out and login again next time, all the data disappear!
    Are you running BT from CD or it's installed in HDD?

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    Are you running BT from CD or it's installed in HDD?
    I am running my BT3 and BT4 beta in VMWare.

Also when I capture WPA packet, even I can't capture the handshake, but when I want to use wireshark to look at it, it freeze, system hangs... Why is that? and any other choice other than wireshark that can perform packet analysis?

Concerning the issue you had with your card channel hopping. I saw in a few of your posts that process dhcpcd was running. Did you kill that process before testing if your card would still channel hop?

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    Concerning the issue you had with your card channel hopping. I saw in a few of your posts that process dhcpcd was running. Did you kill that process before testing if your card would still channel hop?
    I have killed all the networking and network manager. So the card now stay fixed in one channel (channel 4).

Quote Originally Posted by charlescywong View Post
    I have killed all the networking and network manager. So the card now stay fixed in one channel (channel 4).
    Your welcome,
    please print your airodump-ng output and your aireplay-ng output and will work out why you cant get the handshake.
    I would rather be hated for what i am,
    Then loved for what i am not.

Quote Originally Posted by cr1spyj0nes View Post
    Your welcome,
    please print your airodump-ng output and your aireplay-ng output and will work out why you cant get the handshake.
    Thank you very much. I manage to get the WPA handshake now... the problem is somtimes, I need to try several time....to get the handshake... 3 to 4 times to de-auth the client and re-auth...But I can't break the pre shared key becasue passphase not in dictionary... I think I need to download more wordlist to break the key. Actually I use a password --> "password", which is in the dictionary, but the aircrack-ng still say: Passphase not in dictionary...>.<

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast