Thread: I have several questons about BT3 & BT4Beta

Just burned his ISO

Default I have several questons about BT3 & BT4Beta

First an foremost, Thank you for your time. I've been reading everything i can in these forums, an have learned a great deal. However i'd consider myself a noob. I'm running BT3 via VMware. Using WUSB54GC V1, with rt73 driver. I have gained access to my AP several times. I have a test router at work, an have gained the wep key too. Most of the time when i run aireplay-ng -1 0 -a(mac) -h (mac) -e (essid) (dongle)......it just keeps saying sending authentication, line after line, an that's it. Power level is 107. On other test AP's it works fine on though. I'm now using a hawking HWUG1 with the rt73 driver in vmware, it it works on some, an does the same sending authentication too on others.

I have BT4Beta loaded on a usb. I load BT4 on startup, eveything works. login. startx. I use the same steps as I do in BT3. change the mac, airodump, aireplay..etc...It show's all signal power as a -number..-87 etc..what's with the -'s?
    after running aireplay-ng -3 -b (mac) -h (mac) (dongle) for about 20 minutes, i had
    179453 packets sent (got 49503 arp request 59 acks) data sent 352904 packs (499pps)
    My data rate was sooooooooo slow though. now after i changed my mac,
    macchanger --mac (mac)
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    it said that monitor mode started in mon0..what does that mean?
    In BT3 my HWUG1 is seen at rausb0
    In BT4 my HWUG1 is seen as wlan0

Again, thank you for your time an patience....I've been saving all these questions for one big post, instead of dozens of small ones.
    Thank you

If you're talking about the #/s it's the number of data packages per second. BT3 and BT4 use different drivers for your HWUG1.
    While in BT4 with your HWUG1 connected you can lsmod to see the driver, and look it up on the aircrack-ng site. (Hint - airmon-ng creates a new interface/mon0/(called VAP) in monitor mode while leaving the wlan0 in managed for further use).
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Quote Originally Posted by ericw75 View Post
    Most of the time when i run aireplay-ng -1 0 -a(mac) -h (mac) -e (essid) (dongle)......it just keeps saying sending authentication, line after line, an that's it. Power level is 107. On other test AP's it works fine on though. I'm now using a hawking HWUG1 with the rt73 driver in vmware, it it works on some, an does the same sending authentication too on others.
    This could be a number of things:
    • You're on a different channel than the AP
    • MAC address filtering could be enabled on the router
    • Sometimes this attack fails on some aps if this is the case try this:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e [network name] -a [router mac] -h [my mac] [device]
    I have BT4Beta loaded on a usb. I load BT4 on startup, eveything works. login. startx. I use the same steps as I do in BT3. change the mac, airodump, aireplay..etc...It show's all signal power as a -number..-87 etc..what's with the -'s?
    This is because BT4 shows power in dBm, which is always a negative number. See here for more information:

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4...-airodump.html

it said that monitor mode started in mon0..what does that mean?
    In BT3 my HWUG1 is seen at rausb0
    In BT4 my HWUG1 is seen as wlan0
    See the post above, it is explained there.

Just burned his ISO

Thank u for your help again. The code you gave....aireplay-ng -1 6000 etc...

attack mode already specified.
    "aireplay-ng --help" for hlep.

I checked my work ten times before posting...no typos.