Thread: aireplay-ng causes system freeze with proxim card

Just burned his ISO

Default aireplay-ng causes system freeze with proxim card

Hi all,

I'm using BT4 without any modifications, trying to do simple packet injection. After going through the usual motions of putting the card into monitor mode starting airodump, etcetera, i set up aireplay-ng to listen for ARP requests

aireplay-ng -3 -b (mac) -h (mac) ath1

It has no problems until it picks up an ARP packet, at which point it freezes the system and i have to do a hard reboot. The caps lock and shift lock LEDs flash, if that is at all useful.

I'm using a proxim/orinoco gold card (8470-FC) with the AR5212 chipset on a dell latitude e6500.. Has anyone encountered anything like this, or have a way around it? Everything was fine with BT3..

thanks for your time/help..

You should try out ath5k, madwifi-ng driver is slowly becoming deprecated as it depends on ieee80211 stack as opposed to ath5k and its dependancy on the newer mac80211 stack.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    You should try out ath5k, madwifi-ng driver is slowly becoming deprecated as it depends on ieee80211 stack as opposed to ath5k and its dependancy on the newer mac80211 stack.
    I have the same chipset AR5212 on my Gigabyte wifi card and I can confirm that moving from madwifi-ng to ath5k solved all of my problems.